• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody care to comment on these?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
i have some on my ram and i got a 2 degree drop and was able to push the fsb like one or two more safely. Then i put the active mem cooling kit and got significant drop in temp on the ram and i pushed it a little more. I know i prolly could have pushed it w/o the heatspreaders, but the temp on the ram was 50+ celcius:eek: , now they are usually around 37 to 39.

UnseenMenace

UnseenModerator
I do not know if the heat spreaders actually help ram tempratures or make it more stable at higher speeds although these are some of the claims, there are even some memory producers who use heat spreaders as standard. I however am not aware of any 'scientific' evidence proving these claims to be true however I am not disputing them.

There has apparently been situations however that once attached if any attempts to move these speaders have apparently damaged the memory chips due to the way in which they are attached

I guess the answer to the question, are they worth it can be answered with another question :- How hot does your memory get ????

Last edited:

Tecumseh

Unless you get them for free...forget it! I think this is
just so much marketing....They want your money. :eek:

OP
surfinguru

surfinguru

Well then, I guess that settles it. I didn't see that it would give all that much improvement. I just thought for $9 at Fry's it might be a cool mod that might help a little as well as look good. Ok, back to work and thanks for all the replies you guys. That's why I dig this forum so much, quick response from people in the know:burn: