• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody know how to do wire wrap mod on athlonXP chips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildfrogman

I have seen the Tbred wire wrap mod so you can lower the multi's. I was wondering if you can do the same thing with the non tbred XP chips so you can access really high multi's above 12.5x. I really would like to find out as it seems to be possible, just i dont know what pins to wrap.

Probably going to be a lot of wrapping since on the older XPs you have to connect the whole L1 bridge to unlock it. So that would be 5 sets of pins, probably next to each other. Not impossible if you have *really* precise tools to do the job, but it might be easier to do a regular old "rear window defogger" unlock.

Yes, i was planning on just the rear window defogger to cross the L1's but to access the higher multi's you would either have to cut bridges or from what i understand wire wrapping would work also, just i have never seen the right pin layout id for the .18 micron XP chips. I could cut the bridges but am looking around for another way.

Back