• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone bought an XP1700+ from Newegg recently?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JPS

Thinking about ordering one of these for a friend's build. Just curious if the steppings are still really good, i.e. very overclockable! Might have to break down for a 2500+ Barton, but I would rather save the cash if the 1700+ still o/c really well! :eek:

I have a budget-minded buddy who wanted to replace his 2000+ Pally, I told him to order from Newegg. For $42, even an A wouldn't be a bad deal.

Turns out he got a 0312 VPMW DLT3C :D but his mobo is limiting his overclock, so I don't know the true potential of the chip. It does at LEAST 2.2ghz though.

JPS said:
Also - what about GoogleGear? Are they 'A's or 'B's?

Again, a crapshoot like Newegg.

PCSupplySource has them for $49 and free shipping, no guarantees, but I hear that your odds are a lot better than at Newegg.

Alternatively you can settle for second-best and get a guaranteed DUT3C for $60 at GameVE, but that takes the fun out of it :D

Or obviously you can go to Excaliber but those are $72 + shipping...best though :D

eastwood-clint-clint-eastwood-4800016.jpg

You've got to ask yourself one questoin...

Do I ...feel lucky? Well...do ya?

Excaliber or Newegg/PCSS...you make the call :D

I just got 2 1700+XP's from NewEgg.com... and they were both "B's".... a good friend of mine wrote me an email about them...

You lucky <edited> ...=O Them's the goooood ones. =O Those (unless I'm seriously mistaken), are the ones I'm reading about hitting 2.3-2.5GHz when pushed hard, with extreme cooling. IF those are indeed the ones I'm thinking, you'll see 12.5 x 150 no questions asked.

They're definitely "B"'s (jiuhB), both made in mid March of this year (date code is 0310...03 = 3rd year (2003), 10 = 10th week of that year (mid March).

The slight difference of XPMW and WPMW is irrelevant. I gotta go check and see now but...hot dog, buddy, I think you hit paydirt! =)

xcelerator said:
my 1700+ i bought from newegg wasn't that good i think it was JIUCB 0286

My JIUCB 0250 that I had could do 2.2 and change but not much higher. Also I kind of doubt that it was an 0286 considering there are only 52 weeks in a year :p

JPS said:
JungleMan

WHen did your friend order his CPU?

xcelerator

How about you, when did you order yours?

mine was awhile ago like 3months ago, i think......i replaced it with a 2100+ only overclocks like 100mhz higher :p kinda junk, thinking about getting a 1700+ from excaliber pc...

JungleMan

Well, in short - I do feel lucky punk! I took a chance on the 'Egg and I better come up smiling. Then again, it doesn't matter too much as it is for a friend's upgrade project and she will not notice the difference much either way. For her, anything is an improvemnt - she is coming from a Duron 600! :eek:

JPS said:
JungleMan

Well, in short - I do feel lucky punk! I took a chance on the 'Egg and I better come up smiling. Then again, it doesn't matter too much as it is for a friend's upgrade project and she will not notice the difference much either way. For her, anything is an improvemnt - she is coming from a Duron 600! :eek:
Oh, well anything is an upgrade from a Duron 600 :D

BTW those things are mad OCers, I saw one at 1.2Ghz on normal aircooling :p

JimInMA50 said:
I just got 2 1700+XP's from NewEgg.com... and they were both "B's".... a good friend of mine wrote me an email about them...

You lucky <edited> ...=O Them's the goooood ones. =O Those (unless I'm seriously mistaken), are the ones I'm reading about hitting 2.3-2.5GHz when pushed hard, with extreme cooling. IF those are indeed the ones I'm thinking, you'll see 12.5 x 150 no questions asked.

They're definitely "B"'s (jiuhB), both made in mid March of this year (date code is 0310...03 = 3rd year (2003), 10 = 10th week of that year (mid March).

The slight difference of XPMW and WPMW is irrelevant. I gotta go check and see now but...hot dog, buddy, I think you hit paydirt! =)

For the record....that's my e-mail he got... :D

Welcome to the Forums, my old friend. so good to have ya here...;)

I had Jim go in the BIOS for a bit the other nght, and set the multi on that MSI K7D Master-L to 12.5x (@133, default vcore, because ATM he's running the OEM AMD sinks) and it fired right up at 1667MHz. Just a quick test, then back to default... Frankly I wouldn't be a bit surprised if those "B"'s hit 12.5 x 150 at default, either... :eek:

Gotta get you some good HSF's bud...then you can really stretch it out and fly...:D (Like a duallie at 1467MHz is dog slow...LOL)

Cheers!

B.

Thanks fer the welcome Bri.... this o/c seems like it's addicting! I'm not sure if the SLK-900-u would fit without BENDING the capacitors... and I'm not interested in trying that. So I guess the SLK-800 is gonna be the way I go. Can I use the factory CPU fans that I'm using now? After reading someones post here about "static Pressure" ( http://www.efi.org/articles/static.html ) I realise I don't want to use too big of a fan.

I ordered a 1700+ from NewEgg about a week ago, just got it the other day... I had my fingers crossed... it WAS a B:) I'm so happy... this baby is so overclockable. And it only cost, what, $34??

hi,

is it "DUT3C" or "DLT3C"? :D
btw,i searchs for dlt3c and dut3c @amd.com
but nothing came up? fact or myth?
does it really matter?

thanx

Last edited:
Back