• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else here hardcore FPS gamers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

AMD Phreak and I are pretty hardcore FPS gamers, so we like to call ourselves. Here's what AMD Phreak ordered for us to show off a bit of who we are:

Picture%20053.jpg

I put it on my mini fridge. :D

Picture%20057.jpg

Meh, that's just a phase we're stuck in right now. Like a kid with a new toy. Before it's his, he'll do anything for his mom to get it. Then he gets it, plays with it for a week, and moves on to something else. For us, it's been longer than a week. Much much longer. :)

Hehe I was a COD addict until the slew of new games were released...I'm giving COD2 a run through on veteran difficulty, just finished playing FEAR through for the second time, and I've still got one or two levels left in Quake 4. Once my favorite mods for COD2 and Q4 come out I'll play some multiplayer, but I get the feeling I'm gonna want a 7800 GTX.

COD2 multi hasn't been my favorite; so limited by bad framerates, server lag, no priming grenades, and no friggin health packs! I can understand not having health in singleplayer, but at least give us a health bar in multiplayer :bang head

I play them all, COD 2 is a lot of fun minus the cheating fools who talk smack when it's obvious they are using hacks.

I haven't played much of anything else lately except for FPS games. First it was CS, then BF1942, Desert Combat mod, FarCry, CS:S, and now BF2. I'll probably pick up Neverwinter Nights 2 when it comes out though.

Last edited:
I've played Far Cry about 16 hours a week for the last year with breaks for DOOM3 and HL2. Keep going back to Far Cry though.

I am a hardcore Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory gamer. Well, hardcore in the sense that I play almost every day and can own 95% of players on public servers (90% on European servers, 99.9% on US servers :p ).

I've played Far Cry about 16 hours a week for the last year

Is there many people/servers still up and playing? Haven't had this installed in a long time, if so I might give it a shot again.

buckbadly said:
Is there many people/servers still up and playing? Haven't had this installed in a long time, if so I might give it a shot again.

Lots and lots of servers, not so many people. Usually two US based servers are full everyday (same peeps all the time) more on weekends playing assault mode. There are about 12 clans that are still active in the US with a league in full swing right now.
The game is bigger in Europe but still waning.

Cheating has continued to plague the game and Punkbuster is buggy. I really got hooked on it though.

grown up with DOD. so yeah a little i guess. mostly ww2 games, but also liked BF2 and any police type games such as raven shield or swat 3 and 4.

*raises hand* I saw that sticker about a year or two ago, and just to think, I almost bought it. :p

I used to be a HUGE fan of WolfET to. However, after AMD Phreak introduced me to CoD:UO online, I haven't really played anything else unless it's single player. We still play WolfET at LANs though. I played on a server last night (first time in about 6 months), and I sucked pretty badly.

I've noticed most ET servers require you to download something before joining, or they're password protected, and a majority of them out there are low ping only servers.

Back