• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else looking forward to d3 multi?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mr.Guvernment said:
^^ ithink he was simply stating that with any game - onc you finish single player - it has to have multi! so you can truely test out your skills.

Yessir, that's what I was trying to convey.

I think the game is limited to 4 players at the moment but when the modders get ahold of it, it'll go up somewhat. I have a feeling it will be intense when you get a few people tryin to frag ya in a good old fashioned FFA..... :attn:

hmm well i probally wont take it online till im done with sp..so they got a day or two to fix this 4 player BS.

Drec said:
hmm well i probally wont take it online till im done with sp..so they got a day or two to fix this 4 player BS.

ive got a feeling thats all it is. bs.

it's been confirmed that d3 only supports 4 players multi by id's ceo.

mods will have more, but for d3 they decided to limit it to 4 (modes arent known. probably just deathmatch and team deathmatch). i am expecting a team arena like add on for d3 to comeout in a year that will add more multiplayer action (carmack said that he programmed support for vehicles himself, allthough d3 wont have them).

raven is developing q4, not id. it will be a modified d3 engine though (probably better netcode and outdoor environments) and probably wont be out for a year or so. the story will take place where q2 left off.

anyways, carmack has allready been working on his next engine for a little while now. he was done with the d3 engine for a couple of months, they were just waiting on the game content to release the game.

For those of you complaining about Doom3 only supporting 4 player mulit, if you were old enough to play Doom, or Doom2 you will remember that both those games had 4 player multi.

As one who played tons of DM Doom (10 years ago), it's kind of nice to see id sticking to the spirit of the original games.

that doesnt mean it should be limited to 4 players. if it's limited to 32, you can still play with 4.

they should also bring back software mode and all sprites to go back to the original idea. :-/

moorcito said:
For those of you complaining about Doom3 only supporting 4 player mulit, if you were old enough to play Doom, or Doom2 you will remember that both those games had 4 player multi.

As one who played tons of DM Doom (10 years ago), it's kind of nice to see id sticking to the spirit of the original games.

Key word: Old

Just because a '70 Model of a car had 120hp, that doesnt mean that the '04 version of that model should only have 120hp.

I have a hard time looking forward to multiplayer in any game unless it is co-op. The main reason for that is because I am limited to a 28.8 connection and the only real multiplayer that I can enjoy is on LAN. I think that it would be awesome if a game like Doom 3 would have enabled co-op mode, but for some reason hardly any games do this.

Agent_Mull said:
Key word: Old

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one that feels like this.

Agent_Mull said:
Just because a '70 Model of a car had 120hp, that doesnt mean that the '04 version of that model should only have 120hp.
Yeah, the '04 version will probably have less. 1970 was a great year for family cars with way too much horsepower.

I remember a thread "confirming" that there would be no multi.
4 plater multi is better than none.

But I agree, I at least would like the option of more. Maybe they will patch it MS style :D

No, noone is looking forward to MP... LOL it's like... Are you using a computer?
No seriously though i'm looking for oldskool multiplayer, yet i'm hoping for a good mod or 2
that throws in interesting new play mechanics while still having it's doomy goodness.

Ian Cody said:
i dunno, 149 people charging at me all at the same time...

Can just imagine the stuttering visuals now ;)

Though, it would be nice with that many people, could have real good battles going on.

Well you think in some games 75 on 75 - but yeah now i got my x800PRO - going to try and fgind some 150 person maps to join and give it a whirl!! no sleep for me!!!

first i got to format this box!! and then tweak it - then try to overclock

I notice though on this Typoon Rising - i tried it out - put the reas to 1600 x 1200 ALL details as high as possbly - no aa and no AF - and th thing was lagging hard!

man - i am glad to see nova logic is taking their time in games!

I also hope it i just ebcause i got a crap 2.4b chip @ 3.1 and 512 of ram..lol and i did not clean out the old ati drivers when i threw this card in, could not wait

Back