• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone ever order from Directron?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PatP

Registered
I was just wondering if any of you had ordered from Directron before? What was your experience like? How was the shipping?

Anyone have something shipped to Canada?

Thanks,

Patrick

mook

Registered
Fabulous. Probably one of only 4 companies I'd do business with.

Quick shipping, tracking numbers, whole 9 yards....very reasonable.

Top Hat Theater

I order all my non Lian Li cases from them. Have done over a dozen transactions with them, each of them without a problem. They've got a great selection of cases and PSs.

~THT

obliv

ive had 3 problems with them, damages, shipping discrepencies, the whole 9 yards, but thats out of at least 12 transactions (im a freak, what can i say)

cyber mouse45

Cyber Cheesiest Senior
They’re one of the best IMO. I pretty much only order parts from newegg, pcmods and directron. And if something gets damaged during shipping, call them up and they’ll send you a replacement right away. Check ‘em out, you won’t be disappointed. :)

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
I've ordered from all over eveywhere and Directron is in my Top 10 list for reliability and service.

1. NewEgg
2. Team Excess
3. Directron
4. SVCompucycle
5. Compgeeks
6. Best Byte
7. Coolerguys
8. Axiontech
9. Buy.com
10. Nexfan

If I can't find it at Newegg, Directron usually has it. The other stores I shop at are mainly for specialty parts(coolerguys) or refurb deals (Team Excess)

skahtul

I order from directron all the time, never had any problems (over 30 orders). I also order from a place called www.tcwo.com, anyone else ordered from them?

nerd4life

same here. they're only about 2 hours away from me.

i pick up parts from them sometimes and have them ship em to me others. always great service and really nice people in person.

never had a problem yet.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
I like Directron alot. Also like the fact that $10 off coupons are easy to find on Google for them ;)

nealric

I like them a lot. They are especially good if you live 10min away from them like i do:cool: Their store is really funny. You walk in and all it is is this tiny little room on the side of a gigantic warehouse. For a while, you could go in and talk to "grandma" and get some really nice deals. One of the few places Ive gone to that has techs who actually know what they are doing. Ive seen them go above and beyond their warranty. They replaced a fried proc that was 6mos outside of their warranty. Good ppl.

OP
P

PatP

Registered
Well, it's good to hear that they have a good reputation on overclockers.com. Now, I noticed on their website that they offer a referral discount to new customers. Would any of you be willing to provide me with your order #, the amount that was on the order and the date it was processed? Based on this amount, I can qualify to receive 2% of your order as a discount towards my purchase. Just the same, whoever provides me with their information will be able to use my order # and amount to use as a discount towards their next purchase.

Please send me a PM with the details.

If you'd like information on this promotion, please visit:
http://www.directron.com/friends.html

I hope we can help each other out,

Patrick

larrymoencurly

I've ordered only one thing from them, a Delta PSU that was flakey (I voided the warranty by opening it up - works OK now), but I think they're a good companybecause they don't censor their BBS of posts that are critical.

madsam

i have no experience with them, but i am glad to hear all of you have been very satisfied, because i placed my first order with them a few days ago, and my order hasn't come yet. i didn't know what to expect , but i am at ease now...thanks guys.....