• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone ever try using this mouse?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

It's here at PCWorld. Although they claim that it's very comfortable, it looks like it would be too sensitive or not sensitive enough. Anyone actually use this mouse before and have something to say about it?

Thanks

Tipycol

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
It would end up feeling like a joystick and it's not mounting in a resting position. I found that other similarly configured mice started to irritate my thumb and elbow since you have the grip the mouse more firmly to fight gravity.

OP
T

Tipycol

Captain Slug said:
It would end up feeling like a joystick and it's not mounting in a resting position. I found that other similarly configured mice started to irritate my thumb and elbow since you have the grip the mouse more firmly to fight gravity.

Wow...didn't even think it'd be uncomfortable, thought only about how the mouse would perform, but what you say makes sense. Guess I'll stick to regular ergonimic mice then :D

Thanks

Tipycol

Vovan

mmm.. And what about vertical standing keyboard for more comfort..? Too much aerospace programms here ... :p

OP
T

Tipycol

Vovan said:
mmm.. And what about vertical standing keyboard for more comfort..? Too much aerospace programms here ... :p

Hehe...well I'd like to see one of those keyboards. Think I've seen one that folded in half in the middle, so I guess what your talking about would be similar. Just imagine how your arms would feel after playing say counter strike for 2 hours on a verticle standing keyboard :)

Tipycol

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
Tipycol said:

Hehe...well I'd like to see one of those keyboards. Think I've seen one that folded in half in the middle, so I guess what your talking about would be similar. Just imagine how your arms would feel after playing say counter strike for 2 hours on a verticle standing keyboard :)

Tipycol

Be Careful what you wish for, :D:D:D:D

OP
T

Tipycol

Just curious(as always:D), where did you find that board and who makes it?

Thanks

Tipycol

OP
T

Tipycol

This revolutionary keyboard is the only one that can place the user in a completely orthopedically neutral position while doing data entry and cannot be adjusted improperly by the user.

If it was completely in the neutral position, why would there be keys in the middle of the keyboard? I would try this out except for the $550 pricetag :)

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
RoadWarrior said:
I think the side of my wrist is too bony to be comfortable using that thing.

Hence the unfortability of such an idea. Plus your hand will be fighting gravity to stay on the mouse.

I have mild arthritis so if something is even mildly uncomfortable it doesn't take more than 15 minuted for me to notice. I'm starting to the think that I should try my hand at reviewing mice for a major site because I can tell you in 15 minutes or less whether an interface device will be good for general use.

MajinSSJVegetto

This wouldn't even work at all for me.

First off, as said above, my thumb would have to hold onto the mouse, which would be bad at that angle.
My wrist would also hurt because of that bone.

Worst thing though, the fact that I would have to use my middle finger and ring finger to push the bottons, which would be stupid.

OP
T

Tipycol

Captain Slug said:

Hence the unfortability of such an idea. Plus your hand will be fighting gravity to stay on the mouse.

I have mild arthritis so if something is even mildly uncomfortable it doesn't take more than 15 minuted for me to notice. I'm starting to the think that I should try my hand at reviewing mice for a major site because I can tell you in 15 minutes or less whether an interface device will be good for general use.

Just curious, what mouse do you have now?

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
Plus, you dont have anything to push against when you push the buttons. With a normal mouse you can press down against teh table, but with that one it would be like playing tug of war with your self.