• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone get bad performance with pacbell?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warlord2

Im debating on weather to get pacbell service.

I have dsl and cable right now and they are both REALLY bad.

dsl by ncinternet.net
cable by road runner

the dsl is being routed all the way to philly I think, use a tracer if you have one to confurm me.

I think that is why its soo bad.

with cable I have been getting mucho packet loss and is flacky.

should I try and get pacbell? has anyone had any problems with there service?

I have Pacbell DSL, and have had maybe 2 times in 2 years where I actually had to reset my DSL modem. Other than that, I have had flawless DSL service within those 2 years.

Since you are in Bakersfield, you are in the middle of their San Fran and LA locations for connecting. I am not sure how it will perform from Bakersfield, but down here in Anaheim, it's like butta. Granted I am 1200 feet from a Pacbell Colo.

A lot of other DSL providers around here actually just resell DSL through Pacbell.. a company that comes to mind is Earthlink.

I have the enhanced DSL service... T1 speed with 5 IPs. I am lucky I am next to a Colo :D

yea I live about 1100 from there hub

the speed that they have for me is 1500/128 kbps

dont really like that u/l but as long as I get a good 50 ping in server I will be happy:)

edit: just found out my friend about 2 blocks away from me signed up for pacbell dsl so I will see if he likes it before I order it.

Back