• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone got MSI K7 Master?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boy914

Registered
HI.
Here's my plan: Since the Palomino will be compatible with the 760 chipset, I'm going to get me a Duron and oc it until the price on Palominoes becomes reasonable. Right now, I'm thinking of getting the MSI K7 Master, since it's the highest ranked DDR board on Tom's Hardware Guide.
Problem is this: I've never oc'ed ANYTHING before, and I would like to know if there is anything about the K7 Master that would make it too difficult for a beginner to do. Also, any tips on oc'ing a Duron would be helpful (eg what is the "pencil trick?")
Thanks in advance!

I do but I haven't installed it yet. I'm waiting for my case to arrive on Monday. If you can wait until then, I'll give you my thoughts.

--BrianC

taz1004 (May 16, 2001 02:46 p.m.):
I do but I haven't installed it yet. I'm waiting for my case to arrive on Monday. If you can wait until then, I'll give you my thoughts.

--BrianC

I have no problem wating... I may be changing my plans a little, but I'm still pretty set on the K7 Master. I'd be interested in seeing how things go.
Thanks!

Back