• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone have pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarhead7236

on how you scrape the green thorton L2's....i got a 0334spmw that i wanna mod but am a little hesitant about doing it...a pic of someone's modded green chip would help...thanks all. btw, all i could find using the search function was brown pcb pics....

The Coolest

You just tke a pin or small xaco knife and scratch away the green stuff off the dots till they are shiny, then use Q-tips and acetone/alcohol to clean up the bridge and use conductive material to make a U-loop around the cut of the bridge, or fill the pit with non-conductive material and connect the bridge straight from dot to dot

OP
Jarhead7236

Jarhead7236

ahhhh..the light comes on now...thanks...damn, i'm as dumb as i look..lol.

Milkman

That's all I did too, used an exacto knife to clean up the dots, taped off the dots and used white crayon to fill with, and then defogger paint to connect them, this was on my applebred but same idea for the Thorton, Let use know how it goes and overclocks, where did you get it from?

-Milkman

OP
Jarhead7236

Jarhead7236

got it from my local store here on okinawa...gonna wait til i get back from a trip to do the L2 mod....