• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Hear Anything Yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigDan3131

I love my Abit and dont want anything else for the next gen cpu's of Intel. Abit's website never has any current news about the 975x series or whats in store for Conroe. I hope they dont leave us in the cold. :shrug:

Ach3r0n

Ssetre said:
Hmm... and I just bought this AW8-Max... hope I'm not missing out on too much. Hopefully this new board will properly own the Asus offering.

From my understanding, the only thing you're really missing out on is true Crossfire support and the "guarantee" from Intel that the 975x will support all future dual-core CPUs. I only upgrade every 3 years or so and by that time, usually everything needs to be replaced - so I figured why bother waiting on the 975x as I don't need Crossfire either.

Ssetre

Ahh K, Yea I bought my AW8 because I didn't want dual PCI-E x16 slots. I know alot of reviewers slammed the board because of its lack of dual gfx support. Now its just the wait for the 940's and 930's to show up :).

OP
BigDan3131

BigDan3131

I WANT Crossfire,if im putting out the bucks for an all new system I say Go Big.

Besides, I want Conroe and thats 6-7 months away WE hope anyway.