• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone interested in the ROG Team showdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/rogocs17_teamedition

Looks like a decent competition and this one has some decent prizes. Just wondered if there's any interest then I'll set up a thread for it.

Winning Team
1x ROG Maximus IX Apex
1x ROG Crosshair VI Hero
1x ROG Strix 1050 Ti
2x Seasonic PRIME Platinum 1200W
1x G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4-4133 2x8GB
1x G.SKILL Flare X DDR4-3200 CL14 2x8GB
1x EK-KIT P280
1x Open Benchtable
5x Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 5.5g
ROG T-shirts
Runner-Up
1x ROG Maximus IX Apex
1x ROG Strix GTX 1050 Ti
1x Seasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
1x G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4-4133 2x8GB
1x EK-KIT L360
1x OpenBenchtable
5x Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 5.5g
ROG T-shirts
Most Valuable Player
1x ROG Maximus IX Apex
1x Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 37g
1x ROG T-shirt & goodies
Stage 1 Top Score
1x ROG Maximus IX Apex
Stage 2 Top Score
1x ROG Strix GTX 1050 Ti
Stage 3 Top Score
1x EK-KIT L240 (R2.0)
Stage 4 Top Score
1x G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4 3600MHz CL16 2x8GB
Stage 5 Top Score
1x Seasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W

How do the spit up the scoreing what I mean is there a air/water and a dice/ln2 section ?
is it all 2d benchs ? cause my lil 950 doesnt score the greatest in 3d marks =)

LOL Guess I cant .

"Only use ASUS Motherboards"

Yeah that's the clincher right there

Going through the 6 stages I doubt I can submit anything worthwhile for any of the benches, and dont qualify for a few of them overall. Ill vote to pass.

I was thinking about competing I think I'm only eligible for 1 or 2 stages though.

If you can do one or two why can't you do them all? Just need an AUS board

The card has to be ASUS too? I should read a bit closer

I am interested, but for the stages where apprentice members and above can participate.

I think I can contribute substantially to a Team effort.

I was even interested till I saw I can participate only in 1 stage ... What's the point to be in extreme league when I have to skip so many competitions :-/
No one can clearly say what cooling are using those who are in "lower" leagues. Can make photo on water and bench it on cold. Many are actually doing that.

I was even interested till I saw I can participate only in 1 stage ... What's the point to be in extreme league when I have to skip so many competitions :-/
No one can clearly say what cooling are using those who are in "lower" leagues. Can make photo on water and bench it on cold. Many are actually doing that.
I noticed that in the rookie rumble competition. His system photo showed water, but in the bench the CPU was at 1.815 volts. Sorry, but not happening without going cold.

Sorry guys, I should have read the rules a bit better. Most stages need at least 3 or more entries and there's no way we can manage that with our team at the moment.
Stage 1 XTU 4 subs - rookie/novice ASUS mobo
Stage 2 X265 5 subs rookie/novice/enthusiast
Stage 3 GPIPI 1B 2 subs rookie/novice/enthusiast/apprentice
Stage 4 Ref Clk 3 subs rookie/novice/enthusiast/apprentice/extreme http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/rogocs17_teamedition/3670/3dmark_time_spy_1xgpu
Stage 5 TS 2 subs same as above. \For all stages ASUS mobo is needed I didn't see aywhere that it says you require an ASUS GFX card for stage5

Either way we're likely screwed for stages 1 and 2 not enough people period.

Yeah thats a bunch of BS.

Where are the competitions where it is just all hardware, all leagues, and all everything else?

Few and far between Dolk, even the Team Cup is all stipulated HW

Sorry guys, I should have read the rules a bit better. Most stages need at least 3 or more entries and there's no way we can manage that with our team at the moment.
Stage 1 XTU 4 subs - rookie/novice ASUS mobo
Stage 2 X265 5 subs rookie/novice/enthusiast
Stage 3 GPIPI 1B 2 subs rookie/novice/enthusiast/apprentice
Stage 4 Ref Clk 3 subs rookie/novice/enthusiast/apprentice/extreme http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/rogocs17_teamedition/3670/3dmark_time_spy_1xgpu
Stage 5 TS 2 subs same as above. \For all stages ASUS mobo is needed I didn't see aywhere that it says you require an ASUS GFX card for stage5

Either way we're likely screwed for stages 1 and 2 not enough people period.

Hardware

•Must use commercially/retail available components. ES or server hardware are not allowed.
•We reserve the right to ban specific products
•Only use ASUS Motherboards
•Both Intel and AMD CPUs allowed
•Only ASUS VGAs are allowed for stage 5

Back