• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know a good PIII board that can run 150fsb easily?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

I am tired of my AX6BC not having the right divider (as of now I'm not sure whether it's the PCI or AGP, but either way I can't get it to 133fsb). I would like something cheap that can get me to 750MHz (150x5). So anyone know a good board? It doesn't need to be Tualatin compatible, so I'm hoping that makes the list a little cheaper.

Thanks

Tipycol

Johan

Is your 667 a slot CPU? If so, the Abit SH6 would be my choice but it is pricey and hard to find. If ya don't mind a VIA chipset, the Tyan Trinity will OC that CPU to 150FSB and it is cheap. For slots, your other choices would be i820 mobos (which are not, in general, great OCing mobos) like the Asus P3C-E but they use rambus which is expensive. Not sure if the Asus P3B-F (440BX board) will give ya the 1/2 AGP divider you're looking for but it does have the 1/4 PCI divider, I believe.

If your 667 is a socket, pretty much any i815 mobo will OC that CPU to 150FSB.

OP
T

Tipycol

I did a Pricewatch search for the Tyan Trinity and all that came up were P4 boards and Socket 370/Slot dual boards, which cost $90. Are you sure that's the right name?

FIZZ3

Tipycol said:
I am tired of my AX6BC not having the right divider (as of now I'm not sure whether it's the PCI or AGP, but either way I can't get it to 133fsb). I would like something cheap that can get me to 750MHz (150x5). So anyone know a good board? It doesn't need to be Tualatin compatible, so I'm hoping that makes the list a little cheaper.

Thanks

Tipycol

Asus CUSL2. I ran it at 166Mhz fine.

Johan

Sorry...the complete name is the Tyan Trinity 400 or S1854. I've had a couple of these boards in the past. They have slot 1 and socket 370 on the board (can use only one at a time) and can carry a large amount of sdram (1.5GB? maybe). OCing options are very limited but there is a 150FSB option (but not higher). These boards were selling for around $20 or so on eBay last time I checked. If you want a mad OCing mobo, this is not it but it will get that CPU to 150FSB as I ran a 667 slot at 150FSB for quite awhile on one.

@[email protected]

The Tualatin compatibility today don´t make them more expensive anymore..... I tested Via and i815, there´s not muchj difference if you have a good memory module that can run with all up... Otherway, if your mem module is crap, then the intle chipset will get a better bandwidth when using more conservative timings... Just stick with good brands and most of time You´ll be ok.... The asus Tusl2c have the dividers, but disable agp4x and some mem timings after something later than 133... but you can re-enable that trough a bios flash or loading a software during initialization... Soyo has some boards good to 150 too, and cheap

f00t

I used to have an Abit Vl6 mobo. With the latest bios it was as solid as a rock. I ran my 733 p3 at 825 for days on end and it newer even showed a sign of instability. I think the board is about $60-$70 us.

OP
T

Tipycol

Hmm...but I dont want to spend that much money for a new board. If I spend that much, I might as well spend a little more for a new mobo that supports ddr and a new proc etc etc :(