• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone know how to

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
one more thing

Oh, here's one more question. It's probably in the manual, but I don't feel like searching for it:
Whenever you unplug your computer, it's supposed to keep the time correctly, right? Well, every time that I've unplugged my computer due to storms or moving it or whatever, it's like unplugging a clock. It stops on the time the electricity goes off, and then starts right back up. I was looking at it around 8PM one night after unplugging it, and it said "9:45AM" However long it's unplugged is however much time it loses. What's with that?? Every other motherboard I've had keeps the time! Don't get me wrong--I love my board!! I just want to know why it won't keep time.

maybe, but.....

Maybe, but I just got in. It's practically new! I got it sometime in January.

Haha, it did it again. We had a huge storm last night and I had to unplug my room. According to my computer, it's still 9:24PM from last night. (march 31). Lol.

Usually, new motherboards ship with new batteries, right? New batteries shouldn't go dead in 2 months-3 months!

Re: maybe, but.....

CharlesHF said:
Maybe, but I just got in. It's practically new! I got it sometime in January.

Haha, it did it again. We had a huge storm last night and I had to unplug my room. According to my computer, it's still 9:24PM from last night. (march 31). Lol.

Usually, new motherboards ship with new batteries, right? New batteries shouldn't go dead in 2 months-3 months!

It'll only cost about a buck fifty to find out :D

But.....if the battery is dead, every time I unplug it, wouldn't it lose all my settings in the BIOS? Every time I plug it back in, all the settings are there, except for the time, which stopped the instant I unplug it. Oh well. I'll go get a battery at some point.

batteries tend to have a shelf life of 5 years which means they last exactly 5 years even if they have never been used. its possible you just got an old "new" battery

Good point. Maybe I could just take one out of old motherboard I have lying around. Do all motherboards use the same type of battery?

Oh yeah as for the original Q someone was talking about being able to get at the SMBUS via the DIMM slots search the forums some I think I saw a post on what pins somewhere I'll do some looking tomorrow and see if I can find it again do some searching on your own to dont depend on me...

what size psu are you using? iv heard of that being the problem to many...

and for the on die thing, youll have to soldier into the ram dimm for the smbus... and soldier the connections on the board for the cpu..... talk to hoot he knows...

I believe it's POS 165watt generic that I'm about to get rid of. I'll probably get a Enermax 431watt. But, now I have a new, really BAD problem, which will be in a new thread.

im supprized your system runs with that psu!!!
give me linkage to your other thread so i dont hafta search....

Don't worry about it. I flashed the new bios in, and I thought my computer died. Several hours later, after writing a huge explanation in the thread, I remembered that the D+ has Fan Off Control, and that since it's watercooled, it won't turn on because it doesn't detect a fan. To make a long story short, I had to take my northbridge fan, plug it into the CPU fan post, go into the BIOS and turn the FOC off. It's fine now, thanks!

it like overrides the bios settings....

it makes your oc all gone for that one boot and bypasses foc...

so if your tryin to overclock and you dont get a boot, you dont have to reset the cmos and set everything all over....

sometimes youll have to shut off the psu and wait for that light to turn off then turn it back on and do it....

Back