• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone know the fitting sizes that come as standard with Eheim 1250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strokeside

I want to start getting the pieces of my water-cooled rig in order, and need to know the fitting sizes for the inlet and outlet of the Eheim 1250 if I were to buy it from a store?

anyone know what they are?

OP
strokeside

strokeside

meatpipe, I understand the measurements you gave for the hose ID, being the hose inner diameter, but what does the 3/8" npt stand for in the inlet.
I have no idea.

ButcherUK

NPT is a iron pipe fitting thread, I don't think the eheim is actually NPT as that's an American fitting and it's a German designed pump (I think Eheims are BSPP but I'm not 100% sure), but it's close enough that it doesn't matter. Note 3/8" NPT is nothing like 3/8" diameter, nearer 5/8" overall.

muddocktor

Retired
NPT stands for National Pipe Thread, which is a tapered, standardized piping thread that is implemented here in the USA. I'm not sure about Europe and the rest of the world. The Eheim 1250 definitely has 1/2" NPT threads on the outlet side of the pump because I screwed a 1/2" brass nipple into it to route the water from my 1250 to my waterblock.

EDIT: You might call this same size piping something different in the metric world but it could actually be a legacy pipe design that the designation has just been changed to metric, from the old imperial system. I know that in the oilfield drilling business that I work in, that the drill pipe and drill bit sizes are the same overseas as in the US, they just changed it over to metric nomenclature.

Last edited:

Ridenow

Sneaky Moderator
The actual designations on the German made pump are 11mm and 13mm. As was said before, they are close enough to be compatable with 3/8" and 1/2"