• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone ordered a eVGA 6800u?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Permanoob

I put in for their "Step-Up" program to exchange my card for credit towards a 6800u. Has anyone else done this or just straight out ordered a 6800u from them and been given some sort of ETA? Does anyone here actually have a eVGA 6800u at all?

Hell, they have the 6800gt in stock. Should I change my order to that? Just O/C the thing to an Ultra?

I am curious on their ultra as well..

Does EVGA make a decent card?? I am about to make 4k on a 1 month side job and want to buy a 6800 ultra when I am done..

I know that eVGA has always been a good company... i personally have not played with or seen their 6800 in action though. I was wondering how much you would sell your 5900 for though... :D

I have an eVGA GeForce 6800GT. It's an excellent performer (my original bios induced hardships notwithstanding) and not a bad looker either. I had originally planned to "step-up" my 5700LE to a GF68GT, but situations called for me to put it into my Wife's machine. So, I straight out bought the GT when it first hit the stockbin. I received it via UPS 2 days later. It runs Max Payne 2, America's Army, Delta Force BlackHawk Down, Typhoon Rising, and another (though not sure how well known) game called "Chaser" (it's a DX9 title) at a good rate at 4XAA/8XAF. Plus, it's bundled with Far Cry. I've OC'ed it to 425/1200 and gotten 13,104 in 3DM03. Definitely a good buy.

That's exactly what I was looking for Dark, thanks a million. I'm going to change my order to the GT and get it a whole lot sooner.

I'm gonna wait and get the Ultra (Gonna take a month for the invoicing on work to come in.. then I can buy it)

I'll make a nice post on how it performs when I get it.

^^ I'll take my chances. Would rather have the card now anyway instead of waiting another month for evga to ship the 6800u's to their Step-Up patrons. People I've read that have these initial models are getting about 425/1100 on a CoolBits autodetect

Anyone noticed the eVGA cards run around $100 les than the same exact card by companies like Chaintech and Gainward?

For instance on NewEgg they are:
eVGA 256mb GeForce 6800GT - $435.00
Chaintech 256mb GeForce 6800GT - $540

Is theyre a reason why Chaintechs are so much more expensive? better performing maybe? or are they just ripping people off?

My bet is they're ripping people off in the beginning. People are willing to pay that much for them right now so the company will charge them. It seems eVGA is just being more practical and reasonable to their customers.

Import duties and tarriffs. eVGA cards are assembled in the US, from parts manufactured in Taiwan and China. Chaintech and Gainward are assembled in Taiwan and China from parts manufactured in Taiwan and China.

EVGA cards are really good, they also have really good customer support, my 5900U is an EVGA card, it also O/C's amazingly well, now if only they would draw my name to buy a 6800 ultra extreme :)

Back