• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone play the new Deus Ex title?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

I'm not sure what the new Deus Ex title is called, Humanity Evolved? Is it any good?

I found Deus Ex: Human Revolution underwhelming. You would never know you were in a gigantic city like Detroit or Hengsha considering the small, claustrophobic, map size.

If you want a wide open experience play FarCry 4, the graphics are literally stunning while flying a Buzzer over the terrain.

Personally Deus EX: Human Revolution Directors Cut is one of my favorite games, and Mankind Divided being released in August will also be closed in mapped as well.

If you want a wide open experience play FarCry 4, the graphics are literally stunning while flying a Buzzer over the terrain.

Personally Deus EX: Human Revolution Directors Cut is one of my favorite games, and Mankind Divided being released in August will also be closed in mapped as well.

Why can't the Deus Ex developers make their cities more like something out of the GTA series instead of a dungeon crawl w/an open sky?

A 3770 @ 5 GHz., I'll bet there isn't a game made that can max that out.

Why can't the Deus Ex developers make their cities more like something out of the GTA series instead of a dungeon crawl w/an open sky?

A 3770 @ 5 GHz., I'll bet there isn't a game made that can max that out.

I can max everything I've played so far, but I'm a first person shooter fan, there may be other games out there I am just not familiar with.

You would probably love FarCry 4 there's been a few times I just stopped playing and looked around at the mountains close by and panning off into the distance.

I can max everything I've played so far, but I'm a first person shooter fan, there may be other games out there I am just not familiar with.

You would probably love FarCry 4 there's been a few times I just stopped playing and looked around at the mountains close by and panning off into the distance.

I liked the original Far Cry, but Far Cry 3 once you get all the skill sets became a boring exercise in lather-rinse-repeat missions. That's why I gave Far Cry 4 a pass.

I liked the original Far Cry, but Far Cry 3 once you get all the skill sets became a boring exercise in lather-rinse-repeat missions. That's why I gave Far Cry 4 a pass.

I agree I loved the original FarCry invested many hours in playing it, and I also agree regarding FarCry 3, but 4 has the added element of a Gyro Copter in the game called a Buzzer giving you the ability to go anywhere on the open map as the crow flies.

I'm not trying to sell the game just tell you the wide openness you crave is in FarCry 4.

Seems like it's getting good reviews, so I picked it up yesterday. Only played an hour or so so far, but I can say it's a very graphically demanding title. Even my 1080 is struggling (albeit at 4k). Going to put a few more hours in today.

Anyone else played it yet?

Seems like it's getting good reviews, so I picked it up yesterday. Only played an hour or so so far, but I can say it's a very graphically demanding title. Even my 1080 is struggling (albeit at 4k). Going to put a few more hours in today.

Gah, I wish Nvidia came up with a different numbering scheme. Spent a good 10 seconds wondering what resolution you were playing at, 1080P or 4K...

I was semi interested in it, until I was reading some of the reviews on steam saying there's an in-game microtransaction stores that's fairly in-your-face and purchases/DLCs don't carry between games. Kind of annoying for a single player game.

Was tempted, but I read a few reviews and GPU benchmarks: it doesn't look very good IMO and is very demanding. I pass...

I've read of peeps that graphically can't max out Mankind Divided on a GTX 1080 at 1440 resolution.
I guess I'll be waiting for the GOTY edition that includes all the DLC.

I spent 2 solid hours yesterday just trying to get the game to start, it was really frustrating!

I did every fix they said to try, updating drivers, updating PhysX, Updating DotNet framework, and DirectX, still wouldn't run?

Even added system memory up to 32g, still no go, ran file integrity checks through steam a few times during all this.

I had bought the version with DLC that came with the game and the game had automatically installed the DLC, but it had a select to either run it or not, so I chose not to run it and uninstalled all the DLC content.

That was the problem!

Runs fine after that!

It is very complicated and different than Human Revolution, I can tell you that, do I regret buying it, absolutely not, for now I've run just enough of the game to be able to go off on my own and look around and explore.

I've read of peeps that graphically can't max out Mankind Divided on a GTX 1080 at 1440 resolution.
I guess I'll be waiting for the GOTY edition that includes all the DLC.

thats very disappointed. I have a 1070. guess ill be playing Human Revolution and waid a few months..see if anything improves.

Edit: After googling, looking like just a pure MSAA thing.

Edit: After googling, looking like just a pure MSAA thing.

That's what I've seen as well from several reviews, MSAA causing a huge drop in FPS, even with 1070s/1080s, with only a barely noticeable improvement in visual quality.

I'm still a little confused by the types of AA - is MSAA really that intensive or is it just poorly implemented in MD?

That's what I've seen as well from several reviews, MSAA causing a huge drop in FPS, even with 1070s/1080s, with only a barely noticeable improvement in visual quality.

I'm still a little confused by the types of AA - is MSAA really that intensive or is it just poorly implemented in MD?

MSAA can be pretty intensive on memory usage and resources depending on the game. I generally stick with FXAA at 1440p and above as it makes things a little blurry to smooth out the edges but for a fraction of the resource cost of MSAA.

MSAA can be pretty intensive on memory usage and resources depending on the game. I generally stick with FXAA at 1440p and above as it makes things a little blurry to smooth out the edges but for a fraction of the resource cost of MSAA.

I find 2x FXAA is just fine at 1440p as well. Can definitely see a difference with no AA, and its a good compromise at that resolution.

Back