• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone running a all aluminum case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
M

Me

I have been case browseing for the best case to suit my overclocking needs. I heard that the aluminum cases bring down the temperture some but i havent found one review site on the net that can tell me a temp difference from a steel case to a aluminum case.
Also anyone reading this can post their links on what case i should buy, Im not interested in the Q500!

My friend has one. i don't know if it lowers your temps at all, but it looks very cool and has a windows and a neon light. An aluminun case is no substitute for good case airflow, and i would only buy one if i had a ton of extra money and already the best computer possible.

I think im going to wait like 3 more month anyway because i feel my computer is fast enought and would be a waste of money to upgrade now. Ill probbly get a 1533 athlon 4

Aluminum cases may look cool but what happens when it gets that first nice dent in it going to a lan party or something? A blemish kinda ruins these cases good looks. I think it is much better off to go with a cheaper steel case. At least when it comes time to do some serious case mods you don't feel so bad hacking it up.

Perhaps the best reason to get an aluminum case is the fit and finish. No sloppy tolerances like the Q500. You will find a ton of case review links here.

IT seems like everyone gets off on the q500
I dont think the case is all that great because i can get a case already moded for 120bucks with 230+cfm flowing

Me (Jul 20, 2001 01:35 p.m.):
IT seems like everyone gets off on the q500
I dont think the case is all that great because i can get a case already moded for 120bucks with 230+cfm flowing

Please tell me where!!! I'd like to get one at that price!

Back