• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone running a powerleap in an AOpen AX6BC Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

martinus

Registered
and did it run out of the box or did you have to do something extra? reason i'm asking is that I can't get mine to POST. Seems powerleap are stabbing in the dark as well. Btw, it doesn't POST with a coppermine cpu either. But it ran in my i440LX board.

I am a bit wary of the Tualatin mod that is floating around - I might go for that instead if it turns out not to burn the cpu after a while. ;)

doer

martinus said:
and did it run out of the box or did you have to do something extra? reason i'm asking is that I can't get mine to POST. Seems powerleap are stabbing in the dark as well. Btw, it doesn't POST with a coppermine cpu either. But it ran in my i440LX board.

u have the newest bios installed and reseted to defaults (fsb 100)?

OP
martinus

martinus

Registered
Re: Re: Anyone running a powerleap in an AOpen AX6BC Pro?

doer said:

u have the newest bios installed and reseted to defaults (fsb 100)?

I have, running BIOS 1.14 modded to contain 6B1 microcode updates. Anyway, I did the mod today on an Asus slotkey (just took AN3, AJ3 and AK4 out of the socket), and the Celery 1000A is running fine in my AX6BC Pro. It is just the powerleap adaptor that is somehow incompatible. :confused:

JBatOC

Registered
Re: Re: Re: Anyone running a powerleap in an AOpen AX6BC Pro?

martinus said:

I have, running BIOS 1.14 modded to contain 6B1 microcode updates. Anyway, I did the mod today on an Asus slotkey (just took AN3, AJ3 and AK4 out of the socket), and the Celery 1000A is running fine in my AX6BC Pro. It is just the powerleap adaptor that is somehow incompatible. :confused:
martius,
try this:
Use your old CPU to turn on your computer and go into BIOS raise your voltage 0.1 higher (mine is from 2.05 to 2.15). Turn if off and now replace it with your new celly with slocket. I am not sure why, but it does require extra voltage (at least 0.1v) to the slocket to make it running...

note: voltage was supplied from the mobo to slocket, not the real celly running voltage.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
martinus

martinus

Registered
Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone running a powerleap in an AOpen AX6BC Pro?

JBatOC said:

martius,
try this:
Use your old CPU to turn on your computer and go into BIOS raise your voltage 0.1 higher (mine is from 2.05 to 2.15). Turn if off and now replace it with your new celly with slocket. I am not sure why, but it does require extra voltage (at least 0.1v) to the slocket to make it running...

note: voltage was supplied from the mobo to slocket, not the real celly running voltage.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that later. Although, since the powerleap adaptor doesn't boot with coppermines either, I will have to use another slot key, increase voltage from 1.7V to 1.8V and hope the increase will stick when I insert the powerleap...

If I was certain it will work I would modify the powerleap, but I won't in case I'll have to return it...

OP
martinus

martinus

Registered
JBatOC, you're a genius. It worked.
icon14.gif

how did you work that out, or who told you that? :cool:

JBatOC

Registered
Glad to know it works for you too :D

Well, it was just that I was in a exciting rush to try out my new celly and slocket and forgot to to reset my voltage that was adjusted 0.2V+ for my last chip. With that, new celly booted successfully of course, and once I found out it's not running at default voltage in BIOS, I set it back to default. To my "surprise", there was no POST after that, and to me it's not hard to figure out voltage adjustment was needed. Tried +0.05, didn't work, at 0.1V, you know what happened :)

BTW, martinus, if you are gonna do overclocking, please post up your result.....I am interested to know how good 1.0A could do on this particular motherboard.

:)

OP
martinus

martinus

Registered
I'll give it a go once I have upgraded and shuffled my video cards. I know the cpu does 140 FSB @ 1.65V rock stable on my Asus CUBX.

I had it running 129 FSB @ 1.5V rock stable in the AX6BC Pro (on a modified Asus slotkey). I had instabilities at 133 FSB @ 1.5V, but they are most definitley related to my Matrox G400, because I get the same behaviour with a coppermine EB...

JBatOC

Registered
IMO, that is quite impressive mate. My 1.2G wouldn't even boot at 112MHz with default voltage, had to use wire-wrap trick and now it barely runs stable at 117MHz.

Good work :)