• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone see Kaby Lake Release Info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kasm

I googled, but I can't find it. Anyone know how late into 16 they will be released?

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cpu_mainboard/intel_plan_to_release_10nm_cpus_in_2017/1

So far we don't know what it will be. Can be something like Canyon Lake for Haswell or can be something like Broadwell used mainly in laptops.
I don't think that Intel wants to switch so quickly from Skylake when there is no competition. I also think we will see new 2011-3 CPU earlier what will cause delay of anything else.
Other thing is that there is no demand on new desktop/server processors. What is pushing the market now are mobile chips. Everything else is fast enough for everything and barely anyone is thinking to upgrade hardware based on last 2 generations.

On last Intel conference I also had a feeling that Intel is focusing much more on other technologies and products like SSD, wireless displays, new cameras and some more rather than CPUs. They try to promote mobile solutions and devices for business which are not selling good or what they count will be interesting products.

Last edited: