• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone tried "Amithlon"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaWiper

Image Compare Man
I just wonder if someone has tried Amithlon, if it works, problems, networking, etc?
I want to try it, but I think you have to pay for it so knowing if it works or not would be great.

For those of you that say that don't know Amithlon is a amiga "emulator" that runs without the need of another OS. Point is to turn a x86 machine into a fully working Amiga...

Constantinos said:
Why would you want to run amiga? There is almost ZERO software written for it. What would be the purpose of using it?

Nope, you are wrong. It is written a ton of software for it...

uh ye Amiga looks classic but may i know why you want to use it? Maybe i would be interested in trying if you tell me ;)

Uc..sorry i cant answer your question :(...bump for ya
MameXP

First of all I want to use it of nostalgic reasons. I've been a long time amiga owner. Second, the amithlon prg, is suppose to take advantage of todays cpu-power. You could emulate a 68060 running at 500MHZ. Also hear that much of amithlon is wrapped around the linux kernel. If so, it might be server stable. Would be cool to have an Amiga running ftp/web/etc. I also want to play old games. All in all, I want amithlon as yet another alternative to windows.

Back