• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone use a tube from CPU fan to external fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that would be a duct and it is a pretty common/popular mod, do it and you will enjoy the temp decrease.

I've seen them in overclocking kits online but I'd rather skip the shipping and buy from a hardware store nearby. Has anyone done this successfully?

Dryer vent tube.

Cheap and easy way to add a duct- just be VERY careful if yoyu use the vent tube that has a wire to keep the tube shape!
Don't want to short anything out. ;)

I had 4 or 5 machines set up that way last winter: cold air from outside tubed into the cases directly over the cpus; worked great.

Others have used pvc tubing for sturdier, better looking ducts, but dryer vent tube/hose gets the job done.

this is what I did a while back... its a bad pic (one that someone was critizing me) but it shows the duct I made...

attachment.php

a c i d.f l y said:
Where would one find a 4inch, maybe 3.5, long PVC tube?

-Frank

One might get lucky and be able to get a free scrap from a cut piece....
But one might have to buy a few feet to get the small piece you need.

The pvc does come in various sizes though, so finding something that will fit your fan should be easy.

That duct looks pretty snazzy man! I hope whoever was making those comments was trying to encourage you to get everything "perfect" for some kind of competition, bro..... :)

Back