• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone use Purple Ice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SHODAN

Rottys-R-Us said:
That stinkz, it would have looked KEWL.

Thanks.:beer:

I'm with you on that! I just started looking for purple dye, either regular or UV reactive, but I haven't found either yet. I'm also hoping to find a bright orange dye and the closest I've found is the "Fire Red UV Dye" at D-TEK, which doesn't look very bright to me. Let me know if you find any of these, and I'll do the same.

OP
Rottys-R-Us

Rottys-R-Us

Jester
SHODAN said:

I'm with you on that! I just started looking for purple dye, either regular or UV reactive, but I haven't found either yet. I'm also hoping to find a bright orange dye and the closest I've found is the "Fire Red UV Dye" at D-TEK, which doesn't look very bright to me. Let me know if you find any of these, and I'll do the same.

LOL, I was just thinking of something like that :D

I wont have time to install my setup till the end of next week, plus it will be going on the main rig.

But I will/am still looking.:beer:

kenrippy

I'm using purple ice. it works great for what it's intended for (cooling) but I don't use any lights in my case. with the recommended mixture it's not very purple, only a little.

OP
Rottys-R-Us

Rottys-R-Us

Jester
Link for some Blue

bd0269w0.jpg

SHODAN

Rottys-R-Us said:
Link for some Blue

bd0269w0.jpg

Those are the D-TEK dyes I was referring to. :) I'd like to find something that glows as brightly as the green dye, but in true orange or purple. The stealthy clear-by-day, electric-blue-by-UV is my other choice though. :cool:

Last edited:

Albigger

Rottys-R-Us said:

in the bottom left picture, the far left glass that is not-so-bright orange, I have gotten a color similar to that using hilighter ink

yellow hi-lighter ink worked the best, but orange glowed some as well. And it didn't fade over a while. Maybe you could buy a couple packs and try to mix it stronger than what I did, or a different brand???

other than that I haven't seen the colors you are looking for...