• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone with a GTX360M and World Of Warcraft i got a question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uberwoot

Anyone with a GTS360M, 9800GT or GTS250 play wow?

So anyone with a GTS360M or a 9800Gt or GTS250 play wow? Looking at a new laptop and its got a GTS360M in it and from what i can see its pretty close to the 9800Gt and GTS250. So what kind of frame rates do you get at 1920X1080 in towns and 5 mans?

OP
uberwoot

uberwoot

What kinda frame rates do you get in towns and in 5 mans? What settings and res do you run? Also what kinda frame rates do you get at 1920X1080 with settings on ultra and with settings on ultra but shadows lowered?

I been tring to find a flat out answer for days now but i cant. im looking at a new laptop with a core i7, 6 gigs of ram and a GTS360M and world of warcraft is the only game i play so i just wanna know how it will run and if i'll be able to get some eye candy and good frame rates.

Thank you.

elari20

You should be ok then. I had 9800GT and it ran fine. I had shadows turned off though...

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
WoW is going to be CPU bound, more than GPU. I haven't done any raid content for a few months now, but lowering the graphics didn't help (with the exception of shadows, particles and AA). With an i7 behind that card, it should do fine.

Newman378

Registered
Sorry not familiar with that card, but I can tell you I was getting ~50 fps with an EVGA GTX280 and an i7 930 @ 2048x1152 with everything on High. I hope that helps! Wasn't much less in 10 mans either.

Lukee

You can run WoW on any low end machine. You may have to lower the graphics a bit, but it shouldn't be that bad.

Daemonkin

You can run WoW on any low end machine. You may have to lower the graphics a bit, but it shouldn't be that bad.

Yeah just dont raid, pvp, or go into any major cities, in other words every reason to play the game!

OP: You will be fine. I have a laptop with the 330m and a core 2 duo at 2.0 ghz. I lower the settings to medium and do fine other than the occasional hiccup and fps drop. I wouldn't try to pvp, but everything else should be gravy. With my 330m, medium settings, andresolution set at 1440x900 I very seldom drop below 30s on fps.

Edit: 25 man raids will drop me to teens sometimes. Just have to lower video settings more?

OP
uberwoot

uberwoot

so with the 360 it looks like i can run on ultra at 1920X1080 with shadows on low or med.

OP
uberwoot

uberwoot

Ok got it all working and im happy. at 1920X1080 with everything on ultra i get low 60's mid to high 50's in a 5 man. Going to try with the shadows on low instead of ultra but im happy.

Kowalski3500

Depending on resolution and settings, you'll get 60 FPS. I'm on an i5-430m with a 360M and I can play wow on Ultra with shadows one step down, with 16x AA at 1366x768 resolution and it gets 60 FPS most everywhere. It'll get hot after a while and then when it starts thermally throttling you get some slowdown. The 360M paired with a decent processor, such as your i7, will do great for WoW.

OP
uberwoot

uberwoot

Depending on resolution and settings, you'll get 60 FPS. I'm on an i5-430m with a 360M and I can play wow on Ultra with shadows one step down, with 16x AA at 1366x768 resolution and it gets 60 FPS most everywhere. It'll get hot after a while and then when it starts thermally throttling you get some slowdown. The 360M paired with a decent processor, such as your i7, will do great for WoW.

Bought it and runs great at 1920X1080. everything but shadows on ultra 1XAA.

I get about 35fps in main towns and around 60-50 in 5 mans. Thinking for 10 and 25's i might have to drop the settings down to high but so far im likeing the new laptop.

Kowalski3500

Bought it and runs great at 1920X1080. everything but shadows on ultra 1XAA.

I get about 35fps in main towns and around 60-50 in 5 mans. Thinking for 10 and 25's i might have to drop the settings down to high but so far im likeing the new laptop.

If Shadows are just 1 step down, try 8x AA (visually you may not notice a difference, and performance wise you'll see a jump), and then I think it's uh...sunrays or something? Hehe it's been so long :p Heavy foliage mixed with high AA was what I got slowdown from ;P

Daemonkin

Wow that card is doing better than I expected. Glad you got it running good. :thup:

Your parts list sounds like a Toshiba Qosmio X505 Q875. If so, that's a very good laptop.

OP
uberwoot

uberwoot

It is. I dident think it would handle wow this good. Its gotta be the i7 helping it alot to.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader