• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone with True Samsung PC2700...a question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mook

Registered
Ok, here's my Q. I bought a stick of 512mb "True" Samsung PC2700 off someone at another forum.

Got it today, and looking at the chip, I don't see a Samsung sticker with a part number listed, and I also see "POWMEM" on the PCB itself.

Someone please tell me I'm right, and that this isn't true samsung ram, and I should get a refund.

Thanks everyone.

Placid

powmem pcb is not "true" samsung but it might do pretty good.
Test it out and send it back if it's subpar.

kucingfight

Registered
yup..u've beed ripped off..Powermem's using samsung chips on their own designed PCB
The original Samsung ram SHOULD have the Samsung sticker on it

james.miller

kucingfight said:
yup..u've beed ripped off..Powermem's using samsung chips on their own designed PCB
The original Samsung ram SHOULD have the Samsung sticker on it

no, it has "Samsung" etched into the pcb.
i sitcker with "samsung" on it doesnt mean anything

deadseasquirrel

Registered
PhobMX said:
hey guys, do you know of a site where i can get a 512MB true samsung pc2700 ctl stick in the us??

only place i trust for true samsung now is newegg.

as for getting ctl... lemme ask ya this: do you ever win stuff on the radio when you call in? ever won a scratch-off or lottery? do both of your hot female neighbors come over at the same time to borrow a cup of milk and it turn into a 3-some? unless your luck is that good, dont count on ctl.

deadseasquirrel

PhobMX

deadseasquirrel said:

only place i trust for true samsung now is newegg.

as for getting ctl... lemme ask ya this: do you ever win stuff on the radio when you call in? ever won a scratch-off or lottery? do both of your hot female neighbors come over at the same time to borrow a cup of milk and it turn into a 3-some? unless your luck is that good, dont count on ctl.

deadseasquirrel

lol, thnx for the encouragement. Let me get this straight, you mean that getting true ctl samsung is almost impossible now??

walldow

ya i think newegg is about it you might be able to find it a couple of other places but neweegg is the cheapest. i bought 256 meg strip of true samsung pc2700 from newegg in july for $70. specs below. i love it, for the price you can't beat it!

mine had samsung sticker and samsung etched into the chips.

PhobMX

walldow said:
ya i think newegg is about it you might be able to find it a couple of other places but neweegg is the cheapest. i bought 256 meg strip of true samsung pc2700 from newegg in july for $70. specs below. i love it, for the price you can't beat it!

mine had samsung sticker and samsung etched into the chips.

walldow, is that baby running at its most agressive timings???

walldow

yes running fully agressive but when i try to run bank interleave it dumps. nice stick of ram i was impressed, my first stick of samsung. i know i can get more out if it cause the dimm voltage on the shuttle mobo only went to 2.7. i think once i get my abit at7 max 2 up and running (need new processor)i can sqeeze 375 or better with a little more voltage! yes there is better ram out there but for the price of samsung , i haven't found anthing to top it.

shill82

You can also get true Samsung with PNY PC2100 lately PNY has been selling true Samsung PC2700 in PC2100 packaging. I'm not talking about just the chips eihier the PCB is also Samsung. Running 2 sticks of 256 PC2700 Samsung one from Newegg one from Circuit City (50 after 20MiR) PNY. Not a single difference except the production run when I do a Sandra memory check. If you do decide to go this route make sure that the Chips on the module say Samsung and end in B3. Oh and wait till they run a deal on it. I bet we see some real nice prices on this stuff for Black Friday aka day after Thanksgiving day sale.

Good Luck
Shawn