• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyway to increase the memory frequency Powerstrip allows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

Well, I've tried OC'ing an AIW Radeon 7500. From a stock of 258/180, I've got it stable at 290/239 (fine at 300/239, but I wanna keep it at 290 for now ;)). The only problem is that I can't get the memory any higher than 239, due to the fact Powerstrip caps at that point. Is there anyway to get it higher?

cullam3n

pstrip-box.jpg

Clicky on the boxes.

-PC

progamer

Wow, when I read that I thought you had reached the max memory speed Powerstrip allowed. The max in Powerstrip for me would blow up my card for sure!

OP
T

Tipycol

progamer said:
Wow, when I read that I thought you had reached the max memory speed Powerstrip allowed. The max in Powerstrip for me would blow up my card for sure!

lol i wish ;)

But now I have another problem (I think). Powerstrip doesn't seem to like having my GPU clocked at 280-300MHz. Every time I restart the computer, the frequency becomes 228, but the memory stays at 240. Anyone know why this happens? Does this mean the OC isn't stable?

Tipycol

OP
T

Tipycol

Cullam3n said:
I think it's because you didn't check the startup box.

-PC

Do you mean I have to start powerstrip every time I turn on the comp? Or is the startup box something else?

OP
T

Tipycol

Cullam3n said:
I believe that you should put PowerStrip in your startup, but I could be wrong.

-PC

Well, maybe it meant my OC was not stable, cause when I set it to 280MHz, it stayed. Wonder what's wrong with it at 290Mhz :(