• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

aol 8.0 freezes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

carmello22

let me start by saying "i hate aol". that said, my buddy installed aol 8.0 on his xp pro machine and while using the browser it always freezes on him. i've tried everything to correct this, including telling him to drop aol, but i can't seem to fix it. does anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it?

DDR-PIII

Disabled
n then ? why not just go back to the other version of aol that he was using before.

OP
carmello22

carmello22

i uninstalled 8.0, installed 7.0 and the same thing happened again. finally figured out that it froze when a javascript window was trying to open, so i lowered the security in internet option and it hasn't froze since.

OP
carmello22

carmello22

actually, that wasn't the problem b/c it came back. the problem was adsgone (a popup blocker) doesn't work w/ 7.0 or 8.0. went to adsgone support page and they said it would work w/ 6.0, so downgraded again and everything is fine.