• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AOL CDs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i like getting the aol cd's that come in the mail. they come in the hard plastic case and i just use that to store some vcd's i made/have :D i just remove all the cover and sticker and place a label of the movie title :D

Aren't they unclosed cd's? From somewhere I heard that if you close the cd session with your burner and send it back, they can't use it anymore. :)

The Revelation said:
Bah, lucky.

The one's I always get are just shrink-wrapped in plastic with a black piece of cardboard.

Yeah, same here. Some places, they come in nifty DVD cases!

They shatter real nice when you peg em w/ an air rifle.

i always get some
i like to throw them in the aol lake

I scalp a dozen or so from Circuit City every year just to use the DVD-esque cases as mailers for CDs I send to friends.
I have a couple dozen dead CDs being used as a wall border around my room. Along with dead floppys, gutted CD-ROMs, gutted remotes, keyboard keys, and two hard drive platters(really pretty)...

Oni said:

They shatter real nice when you peg em w/ an air rifle.

Depends what side u shoot them. I can't remember which is which, but on one side if you shoot them they snap or shatter, and on the other they just make little holes. Also applies to driving screwdrivers through them (something else i like to do when i'm bored :D ).

i get the most distance with aol discs.

no other cd seems to be built for flying across a parking lot like those things.

*spazzed* said:
you can make confetti with them, just snap them with the lable side facing up and away from face...

makes lotsa spakles! :cool:

becarefull with that there like claymore mines

we broke a teken cd that was broken once its a wonder no body was killed since we were all standing right there watching it like goobers

the cd doesnt deserve to be my coaster ;) but i did get a nice metal case that im using for my case screws. They use to send the cds like DVD disks, but now i get this blue sapphire metal case is the cool thing :rolleyes: anyways, it works great for ur case screws ;)

AZN

Back