• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AOpen HS = Crap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matrix78

aopen_hs.jpg

but i made it a lil bit better.... check this:

took off the HS on my Aopen GF Ti4200.... and OMG under it was what looked like a white blob of calking the size of a wad of chewing gum... (didnt think to take a picture till after i wiped it off..musta' been the shock of seeing that, that made me forget ;))

and here is what it looked like after i cleaned off the white crap...
pre_lap.jpg

well as you can see it was pretty damn ruff under there so i busted out the sand paper and lapped the sucker... looks like its crappy crome painted, then under that was crappy copper plateing super thin then true metal.... and here's what i ended with after about 30min of sanding
lapped.jpg

so now i've put my AS3 on it and put her back into the PC and will now try and run some 3DMark and see if i get anything better than what i was before (310/600) even if I dont i feel better knowing that its AS3 on and is lapped

fliplyricist1

Great job....I have the same aopen ti4200 as you (mine is 128mb, dunno about yours)...it's got the samsung 4ns chips. Anywho, I was able to get my core up to 330 with stock cooling and no mods...but the memory was only able to get to 492?? Oh well...my system bus is set to 83mhz on an iwill vd133 pro board, so I'm not sure what the agp is set to right now or if going to a different bus speed will help my overclocking any. Great core, but sad memory.

OP
Matrix78

Matrix78

well a day later, shortly after doing this my vid card was totaly unstable, i'm guessing it was that the AS3 needed to set in a lil bit cause i couldnt even run 3DMark at stock settings or play UT2k3. . . so today i tryed it all again and now at 300/600 which i was at 315/600 and at 1.94Ghz yesterday 1.95Ghz my 3DMark score is over 200 more :D i'm going to let everything settle a lil bit more then try to go to my previous 315/600 and then try beyond :D