• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Windows XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris_F

Hey. For the last few days I've been trying to get Apache, PHP, and MySQL working so I could set up a phpBB forum.

The problem is there's little I can find in the way of installation/configuration guides. Every guide I find is different. Each says to do something totally different. This is getting crazy!

I can get Apache and PHP working... I think PHP is working fine. MySQL has gone psychotic and wont cooperate at all. I can't even get the server to start.

What I need is a detailed and comprehensive guide for getting all three of these applications to work together.

I have Apache 1.3.31, php-4.3.7 (installer and Zip), mysql-5.0.20c, phpBB-2.0.8a, and this is all to run on Windows XP.

Please help.

OP
Chris_F

Chris_F

Ugh. I hate this. (More like I just hate Windows)

I installed AppServ twice and Apache causes a error and has to be shut down every time I try to start it. :bang head

I guess I'll just reinstall windows xp. If that doesn't work I'll reformat. I hate Windows so much some times. The viruses, the spyware, the faulty programming that causes everything to crash around you for no reason at all. I'll tell you one thing, I wouldn't get on a plane if it used windows to run it's guidance systems. :mad:

Last edited:

germanjulian

and you are using proffesional win xp arent you?

to get apache working the first time with php took me a good week.

now I install it in 10 minutes :0