• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

apache

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

new_novice

so, tonite was the first time I try Apache 1.3.27, and got a couple of questions hope somebody can help me with.

With the root directory, can I somehow give a path to another computer on the same network? I tried and it kept saying need to be a directory. The comments before that said it could be an alias or a symbolic link. This is on a win98 not on linux or unix machine.

So can it?

edit: by the way i'm running this on a dynamic ip so it's suck i gotta change it everytime it's disconnected.

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
just map the network drive to a driveletter on your computer

Right click MyComputer/Map Network Drive...
then choose a driveletter, and type in the address \\computer\share

then when you point to M: (or whatever driveletter you gave it), then it'll actually be pointing to \\computer\share

Fightingpiper

I just set up an apache web server this past week with a dynamic IP. I used no-ip.com. Its a rerouting service. YOuplace a client on your system and everytime your IP changes it contacts there DNS servers and reroutes to your new IP address. You could have new_novice.no-ip.com as your address and you'd never have to worry about your IP changing.