• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apature size?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimmyG

Can anyone tell me what the video apature memory size does and how to choose the correct size. Currently the default size is 32 mb with my ASUS gf3 ti200 and my a7v266e. I changed it to 128 mb but didn't notice any performance difference.

Maximus Nickus

Senior Shaman
Its basically means the amount of system memory (RAM) that can be used in conjuction with the Video Card.
It doesn't reserve the memory but don't set it higher than your system RAM, set it to half the size or if you have crazy amounts of memory (512MB and up like me!) set it to its highest setting for best performance.

Maximus Nickus

Hotsauce

Check out the link below, posted by "flounder43" in another part of the forums. It has a breakdown of the entire bios, I went through and changed a few of the settings recommended, and my system is Really kickin now.

Be careful though and only change one or two things at a time to make sure your rig stays stable.

Go here!

Good luck!