• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apex Legends Will Make Cheaters Play Against Each Other

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

Epic if they manage to pull it off :thup:

https://kotaku.com/apex-legends-will-make-cheaters-play-against-each-other-1836503707

"According to Frechette, Respawn is working on a way to sequester known cheaters in the same games, almost like their very own cheater battle royale. Popping off automatic headshots against fellow players likely won’t be as fun if it’s also happening to you."

"Frechette also mentioned that Apex Legends players will need to make sure they don’t party with others who are using hacks, as this will also trip the system and designate them as cheaters. One Reddit user pointed out that inadvertently partying with cheaters is fairly common, so the hope is that Respawn will perform its due diligence before quarantining wide swaths of otherwise law-abiding players. In any case, it seems that any attempt to benefit from third-party hacks will be suppressed. Overall, the move seems popular, with many community members asking for a way to watch these cheater-only matches, perhaps with the names blurred out for privacy reasons."

that's good, isn't that what they do in fortnite or a few other multiplayer shooters?

How do they know they are cheating? If it’s something they can detect a player is doing, why does it trip their teammates as cheaters too?

How do they know they are cheating? If it’s something they can detect a player is doing, why does it trip their teammates as cheaters too?
I think it's a "walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and often seen in the company of ducks" type thing.

Those who party with cheaters are nearly always cheaters themselves... they have a crony who plays on a throwaway-in-case-it-gets-banned account running the x-rays and reporting to them. And they prevent said cheater from being kick-voted by always voting no on those stupid systems that require a unanimous vote.

Ah, I see. Either way that's cool. I'd imagine the winners of those matches are who has the most cheats enabled. :rofl:

Blizzard has an interesting take on that system for Heroes of the Storm, cheaters get banned (temporarily or permanently) BUT anyone that leaves a match, rage quit or otherwise, only gets queued with other leavers for a couple matches.

Blizzard has an interesting take on that system for Heroes of the Storm, cheaters get banned (temporarily or permanently) BUT anyone that leaves a match, rage quit or otherwise, only gets queued with other leavers for a couple matches.

That wouldn't work for me. I'm old and drink beer whilst gaming. There will be times I'm doing better (longer) than expected and checking out isn't an option, it's what saves my furniture. :D

Back