• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

APM power down option for Laptops?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
APM? Advanced Power Management?

Those kinds of features are generally found in enthusiast class motherboard bioses. I would not expect to find them in a laptop, unless it was a gaming class laptop, perhaps.

Thank you trents.
Thank you very much.

I will get back to image program makers with this, hopefully they can figure out why shutdown/reboot upon completion does not execute when booting from a DOS stick to image a partition...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Power_Management

So I guess it depends on what they were referring to when they used that term. My laptop in bios has two options that might fit into that category: 1. Power Saving Energy Mode and 2. Wake on Lid Open. I was having trouble with not being able to get it to come back on once it went into sleep/hibernation mode even though those things were turned off in Windows Power Options. So I guess the API stuff was not working like it should. I had to turn off those things in bios. I think the term also may include C states, Speed Step and turbo modes that we tinker with in overclocking in enthusiast environments.

Back