• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Architect/CAD proggies, help :/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnnyTheRed

I've been trying to find a program that will allow me to draw out the plans for my house, and others, to scale . I used to have a great one a looong time ago, but I can't remember the name for the life of me.

Nothing fancy, just need it to scale. Somethign that can make it into a 3d model would be a plus. Nothing complicated.

Thanks much for any help.

i saw one called 3D Home Architect, it looked pretty good and has a Render to 3D option but i don't know much about those programs.

If you want to do it in full 3D I recommend Milkshape. It's only $20 (free 30-day trial), has tons of uses, and is alot easier to get used to then most programs.

attached is a precise 1 x 1 x 1 cube (you could interpret as 1 inch, 1 foot, one yard, one meter, or whatever). Simply scale it to the exact size of the wall you are making. Then use the FILE > MERGE command to add another cube.

Do it over and over again until you have a hole house of cubes. You can use the grid to precise place each wall.

JohnnyTheRed said:
I've been trying to find a program that will allow me to draw out the plans for my house, and others, to scale . I used to have a great one a looong time ago, but I can't remember the name for the life of me.

Nothing fancy, just need it to scale. Somethign that can make it into a 3d model would be a plus. Nothing complicated.

Thanks much for any help.

My dad's an architect--he uses AutoCAD 2002 with Architectural Desktop v3.3 But, that's an extreme amount of money just to draw your house.
I'm not sure, but I believe that they have a free trial on their website. Good luck. :)

Back