• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme IV on a 1080ti FTW3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bww794

Registered
As the title implies, I am looking to slap an Accelero Extreme IV on a EVGA 1080ti FTW3 which started it's life off as a hybrid version. From there, I converted it to a custom loop using an EK waterblock and now for some strange reason, I am moving back towards minimalist tendencies. I just want to move my rig back to 100% air and not have to worry about flushing, changing coolant, dying pumps, fan hubs, and having to tear everything apart to replace 1 thing because it's mounted under all of the watercooling equipement like a fan(s) from Corsair who can't seem to work our their RGB woes after over a year of iCue.

Sorry for the rant - my question is simple: with the FTW3 card being rated at 280 TDP, will the 300 TDP Accelero be good enough, or is that not enough headroom at the top? I will NOT be doing any GPU overclocking, i just want to make sure this will keep it cool and if i get temp results comparable to that of the stock EVGA cooler, that's fine. There's going to be ample airflow in the case. Also, does anyone have thoughts on the topside heatsink and its VRM cooling capabilities? would it be sufficient or would pasting additional heatsinks on the actual VRM be advised? Thanks in advance for responses!

It will be plenty, especially for stock speeds.

Topside heatsink? Not sure what you are saying there? The Accelro cooler should cover all memory and VRMs already... nothing more needs to be done.

The 3 has heatsinks you cement onto the VRMs. the 4 has a big plate style heatsink that sits on top of the card like a backplate and requires no cementing so the card can be returned to original form if desired.

the accelero will come with extra heatsinks that should cover any other parts you may need to cool. my advice, dont use the thermal epoxy that comes with the accelero. otherwise you will never get the heatsinks off. try to find some solid thermal tape so if you ever need to mount a different cooler to it you can. other than the crappy thermal cement, thats a solid cooler.

Did you ever end up doing this? I've got a EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 with a waterblock that leaked and roasted the motherboard and some other components. Looking to replace it with an air cooler but wasn't sure if the Accelero IV would fit correctly.

Did you ever end up doing this? I've got a EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 with a waterblock that leaked and roasted the motherboard and some other components. Looking to replace it with an air cooler but wasn't sure if the Accelero IV would fit correctly.

I would email arctic to be sure. remember to check junk folder if it seems like they're taking forever to get back to you. as for temps it dropped my 2080ti black by about 20c but it's kind of hard to tell since the card boosts higher when temps go down. if the card stayed at the exact same speed it would probably be even cooler. it's a very powerful heatsink.

https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/contacts/

Back