• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

arctic cooling freezer pro 7 for 20 bucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tanderson

Registered
is that a good deal or not really. i think my cooler is pretty good, as is. its not stock but its not that somewhere in between, would it benefit me to buy that arctic cooler? and also i saw on new egg that there is a revision 2. is there much difference? should i get this only if its revision 2 or either way i should?
any thoughts?
Thanks!

What processor and cooler are you currently using? Pretty hard to make a comparison if we dont know what we are comparing the Freezer Pro against.

Freezer Pro is still a damn good cooler, has really stood the test of time across several different sockets from Intel and AMD. Always a viable option for an improvement over stock for better temps and less noise.

If it is used and you're using it on an Intel socket beware the pushpins might not hold well since the cooler has been removed from another rig.

Don't buy the arctic cooling freezer 7 pro. I had it and had to replace it because it wasn't doing it's job(i checked if it was mounted correctly and applied and reapplied the paste). I bought the Scythe Mugen 2 for 10 bucks more and dropped my temperatures over 10'c.

Freezer pro is a quite decent cooler.
A $36 xigmatek hdt-1283 or $35 Sunbeam core contact freezer would be better (substantially) though.
For how old the freezer is it has stood up quite well, as with the Big Typhoon.
Neither can really compete with modern high end coolers though.

Back