• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Silver 3g, how many heatsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SiliconX

That many? If you go by AS's instructions, seems to be alot less than that, what with having to rub it into the HSF to fill all the surface imperfections

sandman001

Just Freeze It
I barely used any of my ceramique on my 1700+

AS3 spreads easier than ceramique........

Top Hat Theater

I've used my 3 gram tube on a dozen machines now and I've still got what seems like half a tube left. Granted, I haven't used this tube to do my NB or to rub it into my waterblock (that killed the previous tube)

~THT

bafbrian

^^

What they said, more on AMD's and less on Intel's.

But regardless, you don't have to put on a thick layer, so I would say about 20-25 P4 and 40-50 XP/MP/Barton/Duron

Eclypsyr

what's this about rubbing it on heatsinks and waterblocks? I just apply a thing layer to the processor core....am I missing something here?

Jon

trdsw20

You shouldnt waste too much of the AS3 on the bottom of the HS. I usually apply to the CPU first and wipe the excess on the HS to save a little of my precious As3.

LittlePiggie

cwb27 said:

I would have thought ceramique would have been easier. Looks smoother then ASIII.

ceramique strings. it's like when your making candy and when it's almost done, the candy like gets super sticky and makes little strings that go everywhere. it's like that, but gooey not sticky if that makes any sense

Eclypsyr

All I know is that applying to the core is all I've ever done, and its given me good temps

Jon

Excelsior

KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!!
LittlePiggie said:

ceramique strings. it's like when your making candy and when it's almost done, the candy like gets super sticky and makes little strings that go everywhere. it's like that, but gooey not sticky if that makes any sense

Im sorry but you just made mountain dew shoot out of my nose. OH MMY GOD WHAT A SEXUAL EUPHAMISIM!... now that i have that picture out of my mind...