• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are a few cut backs worth it for an ssd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The 520 will handle that no problem. They inflate the numbers on their website to compensate for bad PSU's. This is not a bad PSU and I stand by my recommendation.

Did you look at the sticky? Coolmax should be a brand to AVOID. If its not on there, that list is FAIL.

THe corsair HX520 is fine, and its not the overall wattage thats the most important its the amperage/wattage for the 12v that is the most important. Not to mention the 520/620HX are one of the best around in that class. If you want another GTX260, like I already said you wouldnt need at all with your meager resolution, I would get the 620HX.

The 520 will handle that no problem. They inflate the numbers on their website to compensate for bad PSU's. This is not a bad PSU and I stand by my recommendation.

^ /agreed

EDIT: Those fans looks nice, might actually get 4 for my antec 900 :)

Last edited:
520 watts! are you guys positive that's enough? the 260 says its supposed to have a miniumum of a 500 watt powersupply. cutting it close much?
would this be able to take a pretty good oc and another graphics card down the line?

i looked at the psu sticky, would this coolmax be ok? its even cheaper, but with more watts. idk about quality/customer service though...

That PSU will work perfectly fine. Heck that PSU should power my system nicely even.

And think this was settled, but the GPU you selected GTX260 will be more than enough for that resolution. Probably overkill but should last you quiet a while at least due to the limited resolution.

1 more question,

i saw some 2.5 to 3.5 bay converters somewhere yesterday, but i cant find them again, can anyone link me some?

Allways go TOP quality PSU and will get the wattage advertized ;)
And SSD's are wourth an arm :cool: if there's 1 thing you can do for your comp it's an SSD.

Back