• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are all T-breds unlocked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skatman

Registered
Are the new SUB 2400+ t-breds (such as 1700+) multiplier unlocked?
Also, anybody know of a place to get 2000+ t-bred (if such chip exists yet?)

Thanks.

????

where do you get that from.

YES ALL tbreds are unlocked. the ones starting at 2000+ and under will be unlocked at all motherboards because the default mult are 12.5x and under and the L1's are connected.

The ones 2100+ and above are also unlocked. however, you need a motherboard that can manipulate high mults good. All KT400's and Nforce 2 boards can do this and a few KT333's w/ new bios udates.

if this is true then i must get my hand on a tbred, btw wat is the different between a tbread B and A???

well you should really search the forum cause there are a lot of threads on the differences but briefly:

tbreds B can operate at much higher frequencies cause they have another layer on the core of the processor. a Tbred A's max speed is around 2.1ghz usualy (+/-100mhz) while the Tbred B's limit is still being discovered but it is around 2500mhz (+/- 100mhz).

Tbred B's operate at 1.65v all the time where Tbred A's operate at a variety of voltages the highest being 1.65v. Tbred B's however run COOLER than A's.

so basically the B is better

Emericana said:
YES ALL tbreds are unlocked.

uh. negatory. my AIRGA was very much locked from the factory.

Emericana said:
well you should really search the forum cause there are a lot of threads on the differences but briefly:

tbreds B can operate at much higher frequencies cause they have another layer on the core of the processor. a Tbred A's max speed is around 2.1ghz usualy (+/-100mhz) while the Tbred B's limit is still being discovered but it is around 2500mhz (+/- 100mhz).

I second that 2.1gig limit. I'm on air, but I'm an exception. I dont think I could go much higher without being 100% stable.

Emericana said:
Tbred B's operate at 1.65v all the time where Tbred A's operate at a variety of voltages the highest being 1.65v. Tbred B's however run COOLER than A's.[/B]

and they don't call them XP2200BTU+ for nothing

tbred under 2200 mhz is unlocked on certin mobos... not msi kt4 ultra tho..

1) The sub 2200 tbreda's come factory unlocked. Most any mobo can change the multis on the lower speed tbreda, and yes, the MSI work fine with these.

2) The HIGHER SPEED tbreds I believe are ALSO unlocked, BUT .... the default is to only give multis higher than 12.5. SOME of the KT400 (abit, asus, epox for sure, NOT the MSI) will also give you access to the LOWER multis.

3) Namagomi, U sure your Tbred was locked? I bet not ..... I bet you had to connect an L3 bridge, right? I bet you did NOT have to connect the L1 bridges, right?

If you had to connect an L3, but NOT the L1 bridges, this means that your tbred WAS multi unlocked, but your mobo couldn't see the lower multis, the L3 just gives access to the lower multis.

4) I've got a mobile tbreda 1600, and a normal tbreda 1700, both from newegg, BOTH are multi unlocked. NOTE, the MSI can't handle my mobile chip, won't boot. :(

5) I do not THINK there are tbreda 2000 yet, just 1600 mobile, 1700, and I think the 1800 are just out, but am not sure.

what did you use to connect the L3 bridge? does a mechanical pencil work or will i need conductive ink?

edit: btw... i have a 2400+ with an abit kx7

it was locked for you ONLY because your mobo (if your sig is correct) is a KT333 board and is thus not able to manipulate higher mults that are on the 2100+ and above. if you get a new mobo that cpu will be unlocked by default

Back