• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are AOPEN boards good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
I have an Aopen board....

On the strength of that board I will never EVER consider another one!

Its not a BAD board (AK73Pro, I think): it has been stable and dependable in the time I've had it. But it is slow and has few options for overclocking.

I think there are too many other, better options available for motherboards than to resort to an Aopen, personally.

OP
baqai

baqai

my other choices can be either gigabyte or asus but both of them are not available right now, i have this feeling that my computer shop person somehow have Aopen in stock and that's why he is so eager to sell it to me

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
I guess online ordering isn't going to work out.... Pakistan being listed as your location and all :D

I think I would wait for the others to be available if possible.

Like I said, my AOpen has been reliable and dependable, my complaint is that I like to squeeze every mhz I can out of my cpus:D

The AOpen is running a TBird [email protected] or so right now; same chip has been in my Abit KT7a and done 1100 with less voltage, easy.

I'd wait and spend the money on something GOOD rather than just settling for the best you can get right now.