• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are games too expensive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont think this is legal at all.

But it does seem like a good way of ensuring that your hard earned money goes towards a good game.

Maybe game developers should offer a 7 day trial of the game on their website... a sort of try before you buy scheme

why would they do that? They'd be giving the game away for free. Any game I seriously played was cleared in less than 5 hours, with the only two exceptions thus far being dawn of war and bioshock...

The only way that prevents a person from misusing the content is to release a certain amount of it. Personally, I think that they should release demos that aren't hodge podges, like the fear demo, which was cuts and pieces of many levels.

i read somewhere that the initial adopters will get the game in the first month at full price, this accounts for 50-60% of total sales, then the next month when the game drops 10-15$ another 20% will make purchases, then the remaining 20-30% of their sales drift in over time...

I am wondering what the sales %s would be if the game just came out at 35$. I mean look at Dawn of War2 sales numbers, its been 35.90 over at go gamer for over a week now, and its on the top of the PC game sales charts.

I just wish that the Games here in Australia were not so costly compared to USA, most New ones here are $100AU and limited Edition ones are around $130AU

Yes but you have animals that live inside another animal's pouch like a freak pair of biological overalls :screwy:

not to mention the koala bears. As I understand it they're docile and tired all the time because they're fried out of their skulls on the eucalyptus.

You guys also have an animal that has the body of a rat, the tail of a beaver, milk ducts, lays eggs, and has the bill of a duck.

So yes. $100 sounds right.

Yes but you have animals that live inside another animal's pouch like a freak pair of biological overalls :screwy:

not to mention the koala bears. As I understand it they're docile and tired all the time because they're fried out of their skulls on the eucalyptus.

You guys also have an animal that has the body of a rat, the tail of a beaver, milk ducts, lays eggs, and has the bill of a duck.

So yes. $100 sounds right.

Plus they're all criminals. :beer:

No they're all the descendants of criminals

BTW Nintendo should bring out

"Wii think the dingo ate your baby"

Couldn't resist

Enough about aussies. They're good people. Ford apparently likes them better since they gave them the falcon and the montego. :(

Anywho, lately I've been gaming a lot and I'm buying a lot of stuff off of steam. It makes it a lot easier to afford games. things I've bought recently:

5$ Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Hilariously overpowered player character)
5$ World of Goo (Beautiful gameplay, hilarious attitude and innocent charm)
18$ Penumbra Collection (Haven't played it yet, but bought it while it was on sale)
30$ Dawn of War Platinum Collection (Some of the most fun I've had in a long while)
30$ Command and Conquer The first Decade ( Doesn't work on vista)

C&C is a classic, and all the classics work. The problem with that is, using vista, what's the point in paying for the classics if they're all freware now? I can't play any of the games I wanted the collection for. :(

I beat world of goo, and it was such a fun puzzle game that I'm probably going to go back and get OCD status on each level.

Lost planet is entertaining and I'll most definitely finish it. Great for a new take on the "chuck norris joke".

Penumbra I bought because I wanted to support a game developer that releases native linux builds of thier games.

Back