• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are Onboard Temp programs good to go by

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darkpie

Ok i have a P3 933MHz and At Stock temp it runs about 178 ferenhite. AT least that is what the onboard Temp So i have it Underclocked to 805 and it was only running 2 degrees cooler so what is the problem is the processor running to hot or is the onboard Temp gague Wack. Pleas help me thank you.

try hardare monitor, Motherboard monitor, or Sandra to check your temps. I use hardware monitor, you can get it on cnet downloads just do a search for it, and I love it. It is accurate and easy to use.

yeah, I didnt see the temp earlier, but that is extremely high..... You may want to check the heatsink. Reatach it, make sure you use some artic silver. And you may want to lap it before you put it back on there. If that doesnt work get a new heatsink and fan.... Btw, what kind of heatsink is it?

But like I said, do something cause thats really high.

Back