• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are prices for Ram going up or down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ap673

I can't really tell with all these chip changings and everything if the price of ram is actually going up or down. I know that CH-5 can nowhere be compared to BH-5, but at it's repective timing it can do well. So since Winbound chips are being replaced, are they prices on these going to be going up or down in the next few months? And does anyone know how Samsung 4ns TCCD and Micron 5ns chips compare to BH-5 and BH-6?

Tatuya

In the past few weeks and months RAM prices rose but IMO have gone down. Now, when DDR2 starts to get popular DDR sales will go down and as will the prices;however, that will most likely be late 2005 or 2006. I assume that DDR prices will be hopping up and down this year as they have thus far. As for the Samsung vs the Micron 5ns vs teh BH-5 vs BH-6 I really haven't seen too much with the samsung but I know that the micron chips OC very well but at relaxed timings where as BH-5 and BH-6 can run high FSBs with tight timings.