• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are The 2.4C Costa Rica Stinkers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LastRide

Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2002
I want to order a 2.4C but from what I read the Malaysia's seem to overclock better.The costa's going by someone in this forum that tried 2 of them couldn't do 3.0GHz.Does anyone have a good overclocking Costa Rica?.The store I want to order from only has Costa's right now.
 
Last edited:

jdmcnudgent

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Location
tOLEDO, OHIO, the heart of it all!
LastRide said:
I want to order a 2.4C but from what I read the Malaysia's seem to overclock better.The costa's going by someone oin this forum that tried 2 of them couldn't do 3.0GHz.Does anyone have a good overclocking Costa Rica?.The store I want torder from only has Costa's right now.
do you have a link for the costa's?? i have only seen malay so far.;)
 

method().man

Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Location
Hell's Kitchen
3236A104

The only bad thing about this chip is that it requires a little more juice than I'm totally comfortable giving it to be stable at that speed (stable meaning it can crunch Prime95 for > 24 hours). Thankfully, I got the chip for pretty cheap and can afford to fry this one.
 
OP
LastRide

LastRide

Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2002
3.028GHz is not very good in my opinion.Thats great you got it cheap and all.Looks like I'll have to wait until I can get a Malaysia somewhere.:(
 

method().man

Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Location
Hell's Kitchen
LastRide said:
3.028GHz is not very good in my opinion.Thats great you got it cheap and all.Looks like I'll have to wait until I can get a Malaysia somewhere.:(

Err, I should have read this thread more closely. My Costa Rica is not a C chip but is a 2.4B. Yeah, for a C, 3.0ghz is not very good.
 
OP
LastRide

LastRide

Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2002
I guess there is still some hope yours is a 2.4B and not the 2.4C .I am hoping to hear from others with a costa in the 2.4C
 

ozziegn

Member
Joined
May 18, 2003
my 2.4C is a Malaysia chip (FPO batch L309) and its freakin' overclockin' like a champ on air cooling (SLK-900).

CPU_speed_latest.jpg


I bought this chip from a local computer store that has them in stock.
 
OP
LastRide

LastRide

Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2002
:cry: ..LOL

ozziegn said:
my 2.4C is a Malaysia chip (FPO batch L309) and its freakin' overclockin' like a champ on air cooling (SLK-900).

CPU_speed_latest.jpg


I bought this chip from a local computer store that has them in stock.
 

Lonely Raven

If you traded with me please leave me Heatware Sen
Joined
Feb 2, 2002
Location
Wheaton, IL
I think my boards holding me back, or possible my cooling,
but both my Malay L309 do 280FSB not very stable. I'm running
a first gen DFI Canterwood, so it could entirely be the mobo.

I've not seen ANY or heard of any Costa Rica 2.4c
 
OP
LastRide

LastRide

Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2002
The store I wanted to buy from has the Costa's.Someone in this forum tried 2 Costa's 2.4C and both stunk.I can't find the thread now.
 

method().man

Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Location
Hell's Kitchen
Do they actually litho the wafers in either Costa Rica or Malaysia? I was under the impression that the actual chip fabrication is done in a central location (the US?), but that the manufacturing - ie, putting the die on a substrate and adding pins - is done at these foreign locations.
 

FlyPenFly

Registered
Joined
May 20, 2003
Just got my 2.4C from Googlegear

Its a Costa chip, I'll OC it some later and see what happens but I'm not that optimistic because I have DDR333 memory and its basically an overclocked MSI 865P chipset meant to go 800 or something so the manual says

Info

SL6WF COSTA RICA
3312A296-0655
 

jdmcnudgent

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Location
tOLEDO, OHIO, the heart of it all!
method().man said:
3236A104

The only bad thing about this chip is that it requires a little more juice than I'm totally comfortable giving it to be stable at that speed (stable meaning it can crunch Prime95 for > 24 hours). Thankfully, I got the chip for pretty cheap and can afford to fry this one.
that is not a "c" chip.:(