• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are The 2.4C Costa Rica Stinkers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dude, i have one, I just fried my ****ty *** MSI motherboard and will get a Albatron instead. I'll post OC numbers later.

Actually I'll probably get Albatron, it seems to have the most flexible memory ratio setup and can apparently overclock like a dream. Seems like jsut waht I need.

The company is only about two years old though and founded by ex-Acer and Gigabyte guys. According to Anand though, best techsupport and RMA In the business.

50c idle 61c load... 2.4C Costa Rica... Right now I'm running 3ghz but its getting pretty hot already, don't wanna over volt just yet. Well I'll find out what the limit is..

method().man said:
Do they actually litho the wafers in either Costa Rica or Malaysia? I was under the impression that the actual chip fabrication is done in a central location (the US?), but that the manufacturing - ie, putting the die on a substrate and adding pins - is done at these foreign locations.

My close friend works for Intel where they make the dies (I think it's Arizona). He says they only make the dies where he works and they are shipped out to other places to be assembled to the wafer.

Looks like you got heat problems.Let us know what the limit is when you get a chance.If you have to apply more voltage at 3GHz that aint good.I talked to the guy at the store I mentioned again and he said someone got 3GHz with his Costa.We consider those duds I told him.:D

FlyPenFly said:
50c idle 61c load... 2.4C Costa Rica... Right now I'm running 3ghz but its getting pretty hot already, don't wanna over volt just yet. Well I'll find out what the limit is..

Ok actually, I uppsed the voltage too much without looking. Its running 3.2ghz fine now on STOCK voltage but still running hot. 49C idle, about 59C full load. I added a fourth case fan to help with airflow and that seems to have really helped with the case temps and everything else. My limiting factor right now is the my ram, they're both PC2700.

I posted at 3.6Ghz (300FSB) but then it would post and not go anywhere from there. I suspect with perhaps some voltage uppage it might go into windows but honestly I'm too chicken **** to try after this system is finally stable after an MSI board mishap.

Btw, the Albatron is a dream to use.

I'm using a Zalman 7000 CuAl at full speed fan.

Back