• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are there any UT04 players out there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avalanche83

I am wanting to revive the UT04 OCG clan. If anyone has a server or is a true/active UT04 onslought player let me know so we can set up playing times.

FlakMonkey

Well when I posted in the OCG area about UT I was super into it, but lately CS has stole my soul, but maybe I can get back into it.

My xfire is FlakMonkey42

tom10167

It's such a bummer with that game, all of the servers are empty or ridiculous one map demo servers.

Do all games with online play loose their crowd after a year? Is there any game people are still playing for a long time?

DragoXT

Well Halo has been around for over 2 years and there are still people playing it and haveing competitions in KW and other clan battle places. There are a lot of servers still running to, but the younger crowd has kinda come in to that game so there are noobs out there, but there are noobs for just about all games.

I still play halo, and have since i got it. I would play UT2004 more but being on dialup makes things lag in big maps but i usually do good in any FPS. Kinda funny when i was able to play FEAR with dailup and simply own a server for 10 min and be in 1st place and most kills with 3 deaths.

David

Forums Super Moderator
I play it now and then - especially as it has a native linux installer which is nice!

I could set up a server with a few maps possibly if you cant find a server. Haven't played for a while though! hehe.

ManOman

Of course I bought it a few months ago hoping to play on OCG, but unfortunately they had already retired the clan by the time I got it :(

mage_x

tom10167 said:
Do all games with online play loose their crowd after a year? Is there any game people are still playing for a long time?
People will continue playing the same game until something better in that same genre comes out. The only games I can think of that people are still playing after several years are Starcraft and CS.

Last edited:

triga

Registered
I used to play UT2K4 all the time, havent played in a while but I still have it installed, if a server is set up I would drop by for sure.

OP
avalanche83

avalanche83

David said:
I play it now and then - especially as it has a native linux installer which is nice!

I could set up a server with a few maps possibly if you cant find a server. Haven't played for a while though! hehe.
That sounds great. Are you running a dedicated server?

jcw122

tom10167 said:
It's such a bummer with that game, all of the servers are empty or ridiculous one map demo servers.

I'm proud to say the FREE game Enemy Territory (FPS WWII ONLINE) has been around for 4 years and is still going strong. Not excellent graphics, but the gameplay is VERY awesome. Can you say... FPS+XP Points(resets though)?

OP
avalanche83

avalanche83

jcw122 said:
I'm proud to say the FREE game Enemy Territory (FPS WWII ONLINE) has been around for 4 years and is still going strong. Not excellent graphics, but the gameplay is VERY awesome. Can you say... FPS+XP Points(resets though)?
Both thoughts are great but UT04 was a real stepping stone for online gameplay. They pretty much set the standard for present online gaming. I'm shure it will be around for a little longer until UT07 comes out.