• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these voltages OK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

touser

Hello everyone, i am running a dual xeon 2.8 on an iwill dpi533 with an antec 550w psu and was wondering fi these voltages are ok, they where taken while the system was idle.
voltages.gif

touser said:
Thanks for the reply David, its only the +1.3 and +12v that are worrying me.

Hmmm.. had any stability problems? Try running FaH and Prime95 and other stability testing programs - if its stable then it should be fine.

I havent yet, but i do plan on overclocking this system when the watercooling arrives, thats is why i wonder about the voltages. So far it has been 100% stable through all the benchmarks i have run and several games.

If you really get into it, fluttering voltages can knock your overclocking capabilities down a notch. If you push your CPU to the max and a low power swoop comes in and underpowers your system, your CPU won't have enough voltage to process stuff in time, causing it to hardware-crash. A high-watt PSU (power supply unit) will solve that problem if you encounter it. But my voltages flutter a lot (350W PSU) and I've managed to successfully OC from 1.8Ghz to a stable 2.3Ghz, so who knows? :)

Thanks for the reply's. I am running a 550w antec psu so i don't really know what else to do except possibly get another psu to run the hard drives, fans, optical drives etc off of if i start have stability problems due to the voltage when i overclock.

Back