• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Are this temps alright"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nunez1980

Hello everyone,

I just finish my water cooling system in line and was wondering if the temps are normal right, I water cooled my cpu and gpu!

the system is:

a7v333 non raid
amd 2200+
512m pc2700 samsung
80g wd 8m cache
radeon 9700 pro
audigy gamer
350w enarmax

wc system is:

maze 3 block
Swiftech 50 gpu block
eheim 1250
dteck heater core with one set of shroud and 120mm fan-pull
1/2" tygon tubing
as3

pump>rad>cpu>gpu>T-line> and back to pump

ok, I overclock my amd [email protected]*184=2116 with a volt of 2.0 and my radeon 9700@ 400/370...I get in die 42c idle and 48c load, is this alright or it should be lower...

"edit"
I just open my windows and my room temp is 21c, so now the overal temp drop by 4c, now 38c idle, and 44c load:D :beer:

Last edited:
Depends on ambient temp, and whether you are reading on-die or in-socket thermistor temp.

I expect my H2O system to run no more then 15c above ambient, even putting 2.1v vcore to my cpu; I really can't afford to let it go much above 40c at this point, either: its overclocked to the point of causing errors and crashes at 45c.......:)
All my temps are full load btw, never idles at all thanks to Seti@Home!

Your temps do seem a bit high to me, unless the ambient temp is VERY high where you are, but if you do read the on-die temp it may not be far off.

I have a thermistor inside the pc around the top bay and its reads 27c, I think I would get a thermistor to put it the room...

Is your computer crashing? Freezing? Blue Screen Of Deaths? Not booting up? Unstable?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then your temps are too high. If not, then they are just fine. :)

no to those questions, but If I spend some money on the setup, I would like to know if it is performing where it should, and please any suggestions would be appreciated, also I have a mixture of water and water wetter, like 1 quart of water with 1oz of watter...

nunez1980 said:
no to those questions, but If I spend some money on the setup, I would like to know if it is performing where it should, and please any suggestions would be appreciated, also I have a mixture of water and water wetter, like 1 quart of water with 1oz of watter...

If it's not doing any of the above, then you are fine. :) If you start having those problems, then you may want to start checking things out.

I tend to think people overate temps too much. AMD's can run at 70c and be fine - differs in each setup of course, but you get the general idea.

come on mario...

ok, those temps seem alrite if your room temp is 27c, you got a pretty highly overclocked cpu rite? not sure... 1.8-2.1 2v, they seem decent, maybe try to reseat the waterblock...

if you want to expierement to get lower temps, get another shroud and another 120mm fan.

Warehouse said:
those temps seem a bit high, even if you have the volts at 2.0
Those temps are actually really good. Let's examine: He has a 2200 REV A T-Bred, a very hot running chip to start with. His ASUS mobo reads the ON DIE SENSOR in the CPU and he is a 2V. Those are excellent temps, make no mistake about it.

Personally I think unless you're just wanting to experiment, throwing more money into you setup isn't going to help all that much. It's just a question of returns. When you spend X amount of money, will it be worth it?

Not to me. The returns are deminishing at a point! Congrats on getting it stable the first try! Sometimes that can be scary!

Personally I'd just look for obvious things to improve. Kinked lines, More line than needed. Clean the airflow in the case better (tie wires and do something to cut down the cross section of edie/fdd cables).

Also make sure you don't have anything blocking the airflow from the radiator or behind your rediator fan. Pushing and pulling air through the radiator already cuts down on the amount and speed of airflow that the fan puts out. Anything like a bad (read stock) sheet metal fan grill just hurts that all the more.

All I can come up with is why you're temps are alittle high is that from what I understand the 9700's put out their own fair share of heat!

My maze 2 with an EM 1250 and a 89 Ranger pickup heatercore idles at 29/30C with full load between 33-35C

AM case temp is between 24-27C
Room temp is between 23-25C (room temp effects mine more. As my only radiator fan pulls air from outside the case and Mixes the case air with it exiting both through the top of the radiator in the top of the computer.

Well congratulations on stability and a good sounding setup!
-Toysrme

another question, since the matter of clock is khz why would anyone buy the 2700 instead of the 2600?

masitti said:

Seriously dude - if my temps are 40c, and yours are at 50c (example), and they are stable... what difference does it make? :)

if yours are read from socket thermister and they are really 60c..........

and that depends, i can run under 30c with a low clock speed, and maybe get to 50c....

Back