• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arent these ATI 8500 3dmark scores a little low

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbslow

I have the 6014 drivers direct X 8.1 and a locked [email protected] (152x10.5) [email protected] default I thought I would be in the 10k range. Is this score in the normal range ATI owners I could of sworn I heard other in the 9k-10k range I've tried the 6043 drivers without any improvement.

Also when I installed the drivers off the ATI cd my comp would crash to the blue screen when trying to run 3dmark2k but after the update to 6014 the crashes stopped. Anyone else have a similar experience?

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
yeah, with your 8500 you could very well reach the 10k mark but certainly not a default speeds. Slap a bid fan on it and unlock that XP and pump up the FSB and you will see your scores going way up.

mx-6*

The 8500 gets hot?

I ordered a waterblock for it but it seems to stay pretty cool without it. 85-90F is the range. My GF3 was much more hot.

funnyperson1

mx-6* said:
The 8500 gets hot?

I ordered a waterblock for it but it seems to stay pretty cool without it. 85-90F is the range. My GF3 was much more hot.

not realatively hot but cooling ALWAYS helps an oc...

Dissolved

jbslow said:
I have the 6014 drivers direct X 8.1 and a locked [email protected] (152x10.5) [email protected] default I thought I would be in the 10k range. Is this score in the normal range ATI owners I could of sworn I heard other in the 9k-10k range I've tried the 6043 drivers without any improvement.

Also when I installed the drivers off the ATI cd my comp would crash to the blue screen when trying to run 3dmark2k but after the update to 6014 the crashes stopped. Anyone else have a similar experience?

if the card is stock speeds your pretty on par.. you wont hit 10k unless u have the card like 300/300 or u got about 1.7ghz under your hsf :)

NASsoccer

yeah 3dmark loves the overclocked card but it also love the FSB, so it takes the cpu and the card to get a good high score.

Starfoxer

World's Biggest E-Thug
i get 8.8k on my no overclocked 1.4 ghz and overclocked
8500. i use the 6032's so you can see how much performacne
comes from an OCed card. wait till i get to OCing it this week.
then i will hit 10K w00t!

BigRed

Caffinated Member
i get 7587 on my 8500. but my cpu cant be overclocked much right now so my fsb is only 110mhz :(
once i get my new mobo ill push it to 133+ and watch my score go up :)

TranceBear

Big Daddy Bear Senior
NASsoccer said:
yeah, with your 8500 you could very well reach the 10k mark but certainly not a default speeds. Slap a bid fan on it and unlock that XP and pump up the FSB and you will see your scores going way up.

Like this. See pic. I am now at 308/620

NASsoccer

TranceBear said:

Thanks, it's amazing what you can find at Radio Shack if you ignore the salesman.

I wish that were the case where i live. I think we have the smallest Radio Shack in the world but there always seem to be at least 5-6 sales people in there.

KLowD9x

TranceBear said:
All the parts that I have used can be obtained at your local Radio Shack!!

I noticed that...I was kinda shocked to see MY card in your mobo! But, this ghetto voodoo doesnt have RAM on the back. Looks weird to see someone has the same setup as you. Is that a 3200RPM fan?

TranceBear

Big Daddy Bear Senior
KLowD said:

I noticed that...I was kinda shocked to see MY card in your mobo! But, this ghetto voodoo doesnt have RAM on the back. Looks weird to see someone has the same setup as you. Is that a 3200RPM fan?

That is a Radeon 8500 in that pic. No VooDoo here in my house.